Close to disaster!

Reaction score
took my p3p for its second flight, everything fired up well and at about 100ft up I get a battery error! I bring the drone down, by now I'm freaking out as I'm bringing it down and hoping nothing bad will occur. luckily I brought it down in one piece but the problem was that the battery was not all the way in! I had done a check before flight and from what I can remember it was all the way in. Perhaps not and the vibrations from the motor loosened the battery more. Maybe this info can help others. I'm just really glad my drone is still in one piece.

Glad it worked out for you... that is a close call!

I had the same experience, just make sure that the battery locks snaps in place. When I landed mine, it was not snapped in place and I was sure that I had pushed it all the way in.

took my p3p for its second flight, everything fired up well and at about 100ft up I get a battery error! I bring the drone down, by now I'm freaking out as I'm bringing it down and hoping nothing bad will occur. luckily I brought it down in one piece but the problem was that the battery was not all the way in! I had done a check before flight and from what I can remember it was all the way in. Perhaps not and the vibrations from the motor loosened the battery more. Maybe this info can help others. I'm just really glad my drone is still in one piece.

:) How timely. http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/holding-p3-battery-in-solution.44750/

Good to know that DJI have thought about this problem and implemented a way to detect it. I think the power connectors are physically longer than the data connectors so if it starts to slip out, the data connectors will be first to go, allowing the Phantom to detect that the battery is slipping and yet still be able to land safely. Good call DJI.

I always check the battery tree-times (3) before I set the P3 down, power her up and take off. Pushed all the way in and locked, check. Pull battery without pressing in clips with no movement, check. Pushed all the way in, check. Takeoff and let'r rip.

battery.gif
I would of had Puppies...
You stayed focused calm and in control. It's really hard to do that when your new.
The FPV does not control the drone.

Same here! My second flight only 20 feet up, a quick red warning and the P3 just went down... I was shocked. It landed in soft tall grass. Lesson learned. Double check this as I really thought I had it fully locked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj