Close canyon flying on Mars with P4P

Reaction score
Got the P4P a few weeks ago and tried my hand at some ATTI mode, no obstacle avoidance flying around the canyon. Also went HAM in post for an hour last night so let me know what you think of the effects.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's better than Starwars! How did you control line of sight for RC signal. I lost an AC last year, just by getting close to going behind rocks. Lost signal, AC kept going. Next time, I'm setting my return to home Alt to 900 ft.
Nice job! Smooth transitions!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's better than Starwars! How did you control line of sight for RC signal. I lost an AC last year, just by getting close to going behind rocks. Lost signal, AC kept going. Next time, I'm setting my return to home Alt to 900 ft.
Nice job! Smooth transitions!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Jeff! I did a lot of the flying from on top of the canyon looking down on the drone so as not to let it get behind stuff.

Had to set RTH to hovering pretty high. Lots of signal problems in there though. Actually seemed to cause the gimbal to stop stabilizing when rolling which made smooth shots that much harder. Lots of ATTI mode and hand catches.

Also used range extenders on the transmitter but not sure if it helped.

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Top quality Airbud. You have a lot more bottle than me doing stuff like that.
Well done

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures