Clean Fatshark Attitude FPV Install

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Im looking to do a clean install of my fatshark video transmitter, meaning I want to put the transmitter inside the phantom itself and just have the antenna poking out of the back. I will be using the GoPro Hero 3 as my viewing camera. Has anyone done this? Has anyone seen this? I just want to get an idea and some advice on how to go about it. Any ideas... anyone??

norwoodphotography said:
Hey guys!
Im looking to do a clean install of my fatshark video transmitter, meaning I want to put the transmitter inside the phantom itself and just have the antenna poking out of the back. I will be using the GoPro Hero 3 as my viewing camera. Has anyone done this? Has anyone seen this? I just want to get an idea and some advice on how to go about it. Any ideas... anyone??

Some Tips around :

1) VTX gets very hot. It needs fresh propeller air ;) so suggest is not install it inside.
2) Set GoPro IDLE time to MANUAL because if you do FPV but note recording, camera auto shut off.
3) Be careful, GoPro input voltage is +5v, some VTX or LiPo provides 12v, so must use a BEC if want to charge its battery.
4) You can get 2 wires for Hero3
a) Just Video + GND (optional Audio) from Camera USB to VTX in. (suggested)
b) Video + GND (optional audio) +5v for charging GoPro battery (less flight time of course)

Choose what you want here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...=gopro+hero3+fpv+usb+cable&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I use one of these

cable-tie-mount-pad.jpg

Got it mounted on the bottom as far back as possible with just one tie holding it with the rest extended in the air. This keeps the antenna away from the rest of the electronics. Those pads with double sided tape hold really well.

Like already mentioned, you want to keep air flowing over it, mounted inside is not a good choice.

BruceTS said:
I use one of these

cable-tie-mount-pad.jpg

Got it mounted on the bottom as far back as possible with just one tie holding it with the rest extended in the air. This keeps the antenna away from the rest of the electronics. Those pads with double sided tape hold really well.

Like already mentioned, you want to keep air flowing over it, mounted inside is not a good choice.

Would you recommend this over Velcro?

The way I have mine mounted, Velcro has a better chance of coming loose.

Yea I have a whole bag of those zip tie mounts laying around too..... the cheaper option :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31