Chicago kicks to the ding ding

"Grover said she might reconsider the ban if drones would "enhance" law enforcement efforts."

So if Big Brother government can use it, fine. But HELL NO to the hobbyist. That article does not even say if it is a ban on drones with cameras, or just drones themselves.

Darrell1 said:
"Grover said she might reconsider the ban if drones would "enhance" law enforcement efforts."

So if Big Brother government can use it, fine. But HELL NO to the hobbyist. That article does not even say if it is a ban on drones with cameras, or just drones themselves.
Typical behavior for overreacting liberals. Why is it ok for Big Brother to have this stuff, but we cant be FREE to enjoy our hobby. Sorry, but someone needs to start lobbying the senate for us hobbyists. Our govt is taking over everything, and people either don't care, or just ill informed. I would love to sign a petition to allow our HOBBY in Chicago.

I can understand SOME legislation, but only to protect the rights of others. For example, as a practice quad, I have a Helimax 1SQ (which, by the way is a riot to fly). Later this month, they come out with a version with a camera. That is crazy awesome! Something so small and with a camera is really cool. But this means that it can easily and quietly hover in front of a neighbors window several stories up. It is the size of a hummingbird and about the same noise level.

In that case, someone has a "reasonable expectation of privacy." Let's not ban people buzzing around the neighborhood NOT spying on people.

Darrell1 said:
I can understand SOME legislation, but only to protect the rights of others. For example, as a practice quad, I have a Helimax 1SQ (which, by the way is a riot to fly). Later this month, they come out with a version with a camera. That is crazy awesome! Something so small and with a camera is really cool. But this means that it can easily and quietly hover in front of a neighbors window several stories up. It is the size of a hummingbird and about the same noise level.

In that case, someone has a "reasonable expectation of privacy." Let's not ban people buzzing around the neighborhood NOT spying on people.

I also have a 1sq. I cant imagine what you might see with it having a camera. Its too small and jerky. Especially when you get up in the air. Fun to try but you couldn't see anything unless you just got lucky.

Darrell1 said:
mercillus said:
I cant imagine what you might see with it having a camera. Its too small and jerky. Especially when you get up in the air. Fun to try but you couldn't see anything unless you just got lucky.
Video just released: http://www.helimax-rc.com/helicopters/h ... video.html

Thank you and that video just proves my point. WAY jerky camera. Fun toy that should be sold in the Toy R Us spy toy section along with the bionic ear and the spying teddy bear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31