Cheap Insurance for hand catchers

Way overkill. And not flexible enough to get a grip on the landing gear.
Been hand catching for 5 years (when needed) without gloves and never even got a scratch.
But even a light pair of gloves would work fine.
Just don’t be stupid about it.
Bring the drone down to just above head height. Let it hover. Grab either both landing struts at the bottom, or one of them on the veritcal strut high up near the body to keep from stressing the leg.
Shut off the motors.
Done

I think best not to open the Pro vs Con matter of Hand catching .....

Its a subject that gets out of hand ... and even ridiculous claims by some get in .. on BOTH sides of the divide.

It has its place - that's a fact, as does landing properly.

You could pick up some table tennis shoes, a plastic hand grenade and female urinal while your at it..... That must be the website for random overproduction of the least useful stuff.

In all seriousness you make a good point. Yes, some protection could prove to be of Benefit- good quality gloves that allow you to operate the remote properly might be the best bet.

Reasonable hand eye coordination and common sense go a long way to avoiding injury. If you want to protect anything I would think priority should go to the eyes.....

Reactions: Dallas Drone Guy

If you hand catch and actually need this stuff, you're an idiot and shouldn't be flying nor hand catching. But I like the graduation cap/landing pad combo. LMAO!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj