Charging multiple batteries

Raptor said:
EMCSQUAR said:
uscpsycho said:
Thanks. I meant to say charger, not power strip :|

As I understand you have to power the batteries up while charging them with this distribution strip. Will the power level indicators all go dark when the battery is fully charged or do they stay solid green?

One of the eBay sellers says you shouldn't user a charger over 6 amps with this distribution strip if you are only charging one battery. Any idea what the highest amperage you should use for charging two batteries? Three batteries?

Just attach your stock P2 charger to the end and it'll charge up to 3 batteries no problem. I have one and use it all the time.

Yes you can use the stock charger to connect 3 batteries using this strip. But you need to spend 3 times the normal charging time. If you want to charge multiple batteries faster, you need to increase the amp. I can only charge up to 5.5 amp per battery (i.e. 16.5 amp for 3 batteries). Anything higher than this the smart battery will shut down itself.

Thats not entirely true, i have this strip and three batteries, if i charge my batteries one by one it takes roughly a little more than 1 1/2 hours to charge each for a total of 4 1/2 hours, if i use this strip and charge all three batteries at once it takes roughly a little more than 3 hours to charge all three batteries, thus saving almost 1 1/2 hours and the hassle of changing battery packs

About using a charger with more amp output, from what i have read and others experience, that is true, the more amp output (to a max amp of course) the faster the charge, the only problem is that you have another piece of equipment you have to drag with you when you go out flying or a vacation, etc

Btw when you ise this charger, first plug one battery and it will start charging, when you plug a second or third you will see that they will not start charging by themselves, what you need to do is turn them on just like when you turn on your phantom, push the button twice, they will turn on and they will start charging now, good luck

Sana

Sanababit said:
Btw when you ise this charger, first plug one battery and it will start charging, when you plug a second or third you will see that they will not start charging by themselves, what you need to do is turn them on just like when you turn on your phantom, push the button twice, they will turn on and they will start charging now, good luck

Sana
I had a question about this. In this case will all the LED power indicators turn off when the battery is fully charged (like normal)? Or will they stay lit up?

uscpsycho said:
Sanababit said:

Sana
I had a question about this. In this case will all the LED power indicators turn off when the battery is fully charged (like normal)? Or will they stay lit up?

The LED power indicators will turn off when the battery is fully charged.

What voltage do we set our chargers at for the P2 batteries?

I have 3 internal plugs coming that I will plug into a paraboard.

Does the charger see it as one big battery, say 3 batteries = 15,600mah?

You charge at set voltage and add up the amperage per battery. I've looked at all options for charging in the field. As much as I would like to get a charger that has lead charging setting to account for amperage and voltage, the chargers I want cost more than just getting two extra Dji chargers and an inverter. 44 bucks for a 700 watt at harbor freight. That's my plan

I'm too have something like that power strip but have another question. As You all say it is possible and not harm the battery to charge up to three batteries with standard 4 amps DJI charger its simply take longer if i use standard charger but anyboty can tell me is this more healthy to charge the lipo batt slow ?? I found opinion that people charge lipo batteries wery quickly and having problems with balancing the cells wersus charging batteries slowly the cells allways have spot on voltage same for all the cells. And another thing when we charge NiMh slower we can suck more juice from the battery later on it just gets more filled up is this same with lipo ?? Such as when i charge batteries with that power strip and standard 4a charger do i fly longer ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31