Charging battery

Reaction score
If I`m going to fly my bird for let`s say 10 minutes and my battery is stored with 18% charge, I only need to charge the battery up to 60-65%. Is that bad for the battery? Should I always charge it up to 100%? Does it have any negative affect on the battery health.

It is advisable to charge the battery to 100% on the day you're going to fly, then after flight charge it to 50% ... 70% and store it at this charge level (if necessary). With a 100% charged battery you feel more comfortable in terms of safety.

It is advisable to charge the battery to 100% on the day you're going to fly, then after flight charge it to 50% ... 70% and store it at this charge level (if necessary). With a 100% charged battery you feel more comfortable in terms of safety.
50-70%, isn`t that a bit high for storing charge? I bought this battery 1 month ago and it had 20% charge when I got it. Because of that I thought that was the ideal level. My first battery got one damaged cell because I left the battery fully charged for 2 month last winter. After that happened I could fly the P2 for 6-7 minutes until it reached 60% and then it only took 30 seconds before it started to flash red light and dropping altitude. I almost crashed it the first time it happened because it came as a total surprise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic