Change color of drone

Reaction score
I was at Pine Island the other day, I saw a black drone to far to identify. However when he launched he sent it about 2000 ft or so. I could see it quite easy, I was surprised. When I get about 1800 ft if I take my eye off mine I will lose it. If there are some white clouds for sure. Any ideas how to paint my P4 black.

I was at Pine Island the other day, I saw a black drone to far to identify. However when he launched he sent it about 2000 ft or so. I could see it quite easy, I was surprised. When I get about 1800 ft if I take my eye off mine I will lose it. If there are some white clouds for sure. Any ideas how to paint my P4 black.
get it hydro dipped pricey or put a skin on it

Reactions: MasterBlaster
...flpholt: do you have the orange autel and if so, does the color help you with keeping an eye on it at a distance? And do you think black would be better or worse than a bright color? - thanks!
orange is really easy to see my buddy has a black p3p and when we fly can see mine better in distance

Reactions: liketogethigh
seen some orange ones on amazon

I wanted to make mine more personalized, while at the same time easier to see in the sky during the day.
Hydro dipping from Liqua-Shades, who is on the classifieds here, does the best work and has the best prices of any other company I have found. His price also includes the Shell (you don't have to mail him yours unless you want).
I did a lot of research online prior to getting mine done the first time. I had my 1st shell done by another company after a lot of online research. Unfortunately The $250 I spent at the time, I thought was a good price for just a dipped shell (I have seen them for even more that that).
Liqua- Shades work was so much better, flawless, amazing clear coat job on top, priced much lower, quick turnaround, great communication, and based on his communication he cared about my satisfaction.
I also added Plast-aid in the shell , under the motors of the new shells, just to make sure I never have to worry about a stress crack on my hydro dipped shell.
I will have my battery covers done by him as well as my RC shell, if the spare RC ever gets here and if traveling for work slows down a bit to give me time to get them all mailed out to him.
Everyone that sees it in person loves it!

Note - Changing the shell myself was not difficult, just take your time.

cae702e1c4005570d6068a0ac700f5f4_thumb.jpg

468bf02539b085ae0549f9382c39d55f_thumb.jpg

*Don't hate the Black n Gold
:)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: StefanL
I wanted to make mine more personalized, while at the same time easier to see in the sky during the day.
Hydro dipping from Liqua-Shades, who is on the classifieds here, does the best work and has the best prices of any other company I have found. His price also includes the Shell (you don't have to mail him yours unless you want).
I did a lot of research online prior to getting mine done the first time. I had my 1st shell done by another company after a lot of online research. Unfortunately The $250 I spent at the time, I thought was a good price for just a dipped shell (I have seen them for even more that that).
Liqua- Shades work was so much better, flawless, amazing clear coat job on top, priced much lower, quick turnaround, great communication, and based on his communication he cared about my satisfaction.
I also added Plast-aid in the shell , under the motors of the new shells, just to make sure I never have to worry about a stress crack on my hydro dipped shell.
I will have my battery covers done by him as well as my RC shell, if the spare RC ever gets here and if traveling for work slows down a bit to give me time to get them all mailed out to him.

39f0e66d2ddd511506179b328ca2c517_thumb.jpg
f4f8ffa64947dfc586f963434b257127_thumb.jpg

looks nice

my favorite is my pumpkin color
20160623_190426.jpg

Thanks flp for the compliment.
I have always liked yours as well. Something about the orange I like. Also your new additions of the pumpkins I like.
Have you thought about getting it dipped? (Kind of a dumb question after I just said I like it the way it is, but wanted your thoughts on it.
I have been looking at the Autel. There was one on Craig's list here in Atlanta for $900 for the 4K, never flown but not a good deal.
If I come across a good deal I'll probably pick one up just to have 2. Also based on your high recommendation. :)

Thanks flp for the compliment.
I have always liked yours as well. Something about the orange I like. Also your new additions of the pumpkins I like.
Have you thought about getting it dipped? (Kind of a dumb question after I just said I like it the way it is, but wanted your thoughts on it.
I have been looking at the Autel. There was one on Craig's list here in Atlanta for $900 for the 4K, never flown but not a good deal.
If I come across a good deal I'll probably pick one up just to have 2. Also based on your high recommendation. :)

nopelike the orange easy to see in the sky .yeah if you get a chance get one you will really like it

cae702e1c4005570d6068a0ac700f5f4_thumb.jpg

468bf02539b085ae0549f9382c39d55f_thumb.jpg

Love the black and gold.

NoCo Drones

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads