Case damage

Reaction score
Hi,
I have the chance of buying a P4 at a very reasonable price that has been damaged but apparently still flies perfectly well. The damage that is shown is the upper plastic cowling. Is the casing a replaceable part and doable by someone with reasonable mechanical skills or should I steer clear?
Phantom damage.jpg

Phantom damage..jpg

Are u sure that the damage is restricted to the shell only?

Replacing shell is not a major work.

Apparently flies well? or does fly well?

Did you fly it? A hit to the top like that would likely cause some damage to the internal components.

I would also think that the last photo indicates a crude attempt to pry the aircraft open with a screw driver. Also indicating internal issues

The add on EBay was worded "Selling a used phantom 4 drone, it has been used, slight marks as shown in the pictures, but despite the marks the drone is in full working condition, flying stable and all ok." I don't know what a new shell would cost as I have not been able to find any prices. If It is as the seller states. The fact that it comes with 3 batteries, it seems to be a reasonable deal.

Ehhhhh.....that dent on top looks like quite an impact point....idk...and like someone said it does look liked it was pried (or at least tried) open. What's the price in american dollars (£600.00)?

Samsung S7 Edge

Ehhhhh.....that dent on top looks like quite an impact point....idk...and like someone said it does look liked it was pried (or at least tried) open. What's the price in american dollars (£600.00)?

Samsung S7 Edge

£600 = 734.78USD

No way Jose, if it flies well, why is he selling it? I wouldn't drop roughly $1000 AUD on something that looks like it was used to open a can of tomatoes.

Reactions: harleydg
From the ebay ads looks like the camera took a little bit of a hit too as did one of the arms. I'd avoid unless you could can make a thorough test flight before bidding.

Does look pried apart, eh? This thing has suspicious written all over it.

I'd only offer £200 as I might be able to part it out for that if it has issues which it likely has, and I might get that out of the remote alone if he hasn't wadded that up too. These things don't take kindly to hard jolts. No way at £600 as you can buy just the P4 for not much more and with a warranty too.

That's a bit low ball - the batteries alone are probably worth almost that much.

Don't care. I don't want someone's damaged or broken junk unless I can recover my losses from buying it. Besides, battery is only warrantied for 6 months as is the charger. Drone is 12 months. DJI hedges their bets, and so do I.

Some people clearly just don't care as it has reached £720 & still has a day to go.

Wow, £740 plus £15 postage. Shop around and you can get a new one for not much more. If the case is the only problem, add that & there`s the price of a new one.

The add on EBay was worded "Selling a used phantom 4 drone, it has been used, slight marks as shown in the pictures, but despite the marks the drone is in full working condition, flying stable and all ok." I don't know what a new shell would cost as I have not been able to find any prices. If It is as the seller states. The fact that it comes with 3 batteries, it seems to be a reasonable deal.
Well my friend, that is not a slight mark but a full on impact. That very dent would of put a lot of kinetic energy into the inside of that bird. That could of caused some serious damage internally and I personally would steer clear of it.

£741 they got to be having a laugh. I might of paid £40 just to take it apart to see what makes it tick lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94