Carbon fiber props. Opinions/experiences go here!

PetePerrim said:
I have recently ordered a set from Flying Hobby out of Hong Kong. They're branded Nova and I suspect that they will be absolute ****, although they are supposedly made specifically for the P2 & P2V. Not sure about all this prop balancing mumbo-jumbo though. If these things shake like a spastic then I'll just pull em off and go back to stock DJI

Well, my Nova CF props arrived this morning so I put them on for a quick fly. Noticeably twitchier and looks like the camera is shaking waaaay more. I have a gimbal but even that can't compensate for the side to side movement that was not apparent with the stock props. Another small annoyance is that my P2 needs the props removed for it to fit into its Pelican hard case so the CF props are more time consuming and fiddle to put on and remove. I would imagine that the CF blades may enhance the flight performance of the quad but it's unlikely that I would fly it without the camera attached so all-in-all they're a bit of a waste of money really.

Yeah, if you don't care to balance props, best stick with the DJIs. They're dynamically balanced very well, reports are about 90% of the way, and will be better out of the box than any cheap set. If you do manually balance your props, the performance difference should be drastic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20