Carbon fiber cage for Phantom 4 V2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a cage exists for the DJI Phantom 4 version 2 something made out of carbon fiber perhaps? A cage that would fit around the entire drone and protect property and people from the blades. Something that the FAA would approve for use in crowds

Does anyone know if a cage exists for the DJI Phantom 4 version 2 something made out of carbon fiber perhaps? A cage that would fit around the entire drone and protect property and people from the blades. Something that the FAA would approve for use in crowds
Not seen one yet only prop guards I think,,,you could design one and become rich,,,yes they have for very small toy drones like ball shape cage but nothing yet for oversized objects,,good idea if can be done

Pulled this off utube,,,drone sort unknown,,,you could get idea from this,,might be tricky with a phantom
20190104_084907.jpg

I could be wrong, but I dont think the blades being covered or not relates to the FAA guidelines. A falling ten-pound Inspire is going to cause someone some harm whether the props are shielded, or not. As will a two-pound Mavic.

That little drone inside the containment cage is a $29 toy. They’re popular at flea markets. If you want a very basic, crash-proof trainer or something for fun indoors, this is a great choice. My cats love it.

As for a containment cage for larger drones, I think that both size and weight would be impractical. I have several P3 and larger drones, and to the best of my knowledge, there’s no such animal .

That little drone inside the containment cage is a $29 toy. They’re popular at flea markets. If you want a very basic, crash-proof trainer or something for fun indoors, this is a great choice. My cats love it.

As for a containment cage for larger drones, I think that both size and weight would be impractical. I have several P3 and larger drones, and to the best of my knowledge, there’s no such animal .
www.airbournedrones.com

I could be wrong, but I dont think the blades being covered or not relates to the FAA guidelines. A falling ten-pound Inspire is going to cause someone some harm whether the props are shielded, or not. As will a two-pound Mavic.

Attachments

• bump A5 revised.jpg
    bump A5 revised.jpg
    939.5 KB · Views: 369
Good idea in theory until the Phantom detects an impact and shuts off or the battery dislodges.
This cage is designed for close proximity work. Professionals carrying out precise indoor inspections. It is not a Crash cage as many people assume. Take a look at
to see what is achievable with our cage fitted.

Hi.
Just found your web page. Seems like this is what I've been looking for.
Do you sell outside GB? It doesn't look like so.
I live in Sweden.

See your mail box. :)

Rgds Roger

This is a great idea[emoji362], but at £450, it might as well be priced at one arm, a leg?, and half of a head.
The usage of this cage is exactly as Pete says— it’s not designed for high speed flight or to protect against a crash[emoji95]—it’s a device for indoor and close proximity precision. If you do an interior real estate shoot, you’ll know why spherical containment is so good

Now back to price. 80 pounds would be a great value; I could possibly see £100– but £450?!?. At this price, one might just as well design and build an entire new drone specifically intended for this particular purpose. Small and slow, engineered from the outside in. Think about getting into tight spaces. Rock solid stability, maneuverability, with the whole thing, cage and all, the size of a European football [emoji460]️.
This could be done easily with a price tag no higher than £450. You don’t need 50km/hr, fancy dual GPS, or a complex, state of the art camera and gimbal system. Clean and simple— a short, wide angle zoom lens would be a strong selling point, and I’d wonder if 4K is necessary. Most FPV viewing is done at 720p— 1080p video, maybe provision for higher resolution stills, is what a drone like this could use, in the interest of keeping the cost[emoji765]down.

That’s my 2 cents/pence worth. Enjoy, fly safe—[emoji56]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues