Carbon fiber cage for Phantom 4 V2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a cage exists for the DJI Phantom 4 version 2 something made out of carbon fiber perhaps? A cage that would fit around the entire drone and protect property and people from the blades. Something that the FAA would approve for use in crowds

Reactions: ianzone

ianzone

**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a cage exists for the DJI Phantom 4 version 2 something made out of carbon fiber perhaps? A cage that would fit around the entire drone and protect property and people from the blades. Something that the FAA would approve for use in crowds
Not seen one yet only prop guards I think,,,you could design one and become rich,,,yes they have for very small toy drones like ball shape cage but nothing yet for oversized objects,,good idea if can be done

ianzone

**P4**
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Pulled this off utube,,,drone sort unknown,,,you could get idea from this,,might be tricky with a phantom
20190104_084907.jpg

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I dont think the blades being covered or not relates to the FAA guidelines. A falling ten-pound Inspire is going to cause someone some harm whether the props are shielded, or not. As will a two-pound Mavic.

Reaction score
That little drone inside the containment cage is a $29 toy. They’re popular at flea markets. If you want a very basic, crash-proof trainer or something for fun indoors, this is a great choice. My cats love it.

As for a containment cage for larger drones, I think that both size and weight would be impractical. I have several P3 and larger drones, and to the best of my knowledge, there’s no such animal .

Reaction score
That little drone inside the containment cage is a $29 toy. They’re popular at flea markets. If you want a very basic, crash-proof trainer or something for fun indoors, this is a great choice. My cats love it.

As for a containment cage for larger drones, I think that both size and weight would be impractical. I have several P3 and larger drones, and to the best of my knowledge, there’s no such animal .
www.airbournedrones.com

Reaction score
Good idea in theory until the Phantom detects an impact and shuts off or the battery dislodges.
This cage is designed for close proximity work. Professionals carrying out precise indoor inspections. It is not a Crash cage as many people assume. Take a look at
to see what is achievable with our cage fitted.

Reactions: ianzone

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The scientist