Can you fly over Glen Canyon Dam

Reaction score
I going to Glen Canyon Dam and the North Rim. Can i fly there? If not are there good places to fly near there?

I'd guess probably not a flying area as it is likely called "Critical Infrastructure" being a hydro plant too. Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineer sites are usually anti-drone, imhe.

Found it. Here is something that tells about no drones allowed near a couple of CA dams, but reading down it also lists the Glen Canyon Dam too.

Reminder: Drone operations restricted over two California dams

"The FAA and DOI also have approved no-fly zones over five other Reclamation dams: Hoover Dam, which borders Nevada and Arizona, Glen Canyon Dam in northern Arizona, Grand Coulee Dam in Washington, and the Mid-Pacific Region’s Shasta and Folsom dams."

Reactions: BigAl07
Depending on where you are on the North Rim, you will be in either Grand Canyon National Park or one of the adjacent ones. UAV operation is not allowed in any of those without written permission. The same is true of the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area that includes Glen Canyon Dam.

Definitely not; see https://app.airmap.io/geo?36.937500,-111.484444,17.334039z

The dam is in at least three different 'no fly' zones: one for the dam/power plant itself; one for the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (being a National Park Service-managed area); and one for the nearby Page airport.

AirMap Web App is the first site that people should check when figuring out where to fly/not to fly in the US.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel