Can you change the phantom 4 camera to thermal imaging?

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone one here knows if/how you can turn a phantom 4 standard camera into a thermal imaging camera?
I know some people can make DSLRs into thermal imaging cameras by changing the infrared sensor. So can that be done with a Phantom 4?

I know it can be done. I saw a company's video on changing the sensor. That company sold the kits and I watched the video on how to do it. Delicate work, but it didn't seem too hard. They would do it for you if you didn't want to do it yourself.

Anyone know which company? I’d like to know the same rather than selling mine. It would be very useful for volunteer purposes with the local sheriff.

I'm interested in using a thermal camera for checking cattle at night. I have a basic phantom 4... But the problem is that I want to also check cattle during the day with the normal camera. Is there any possible way to pull this off?

I'm interested in using a thermal camera for checking cattle at night. I have a basic phantom 4... But the problem is that I want to also check cattle during the day with the normal camera. Is there any possible way to pull this off?

Not without breaking it. You will need an aircraft with interchangeable cameras, such as the Inspire or Matrice. The Matrice 210 will run a dual gimbal so that you can have both cameras running together.

I've thought of that... Is there a method that has been used successfully? Some good LED floodlights strapped to the landing gear would probably do it?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

My brother took that at night with the regular camera with a phantom 4 with no lighting equipment. In the 4th pic you can see the lights off the nearest city which if about 9 miles away.

I don't know how far lights would shine to do the job for you. Those tactical lights work well.
I have a 1 watt laser, that has an adjustable lens. I bought a red one so I can watch the animals in my back yard next to the forest. I adjust the beam any size I want.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT