can you activate RTH when using LITCHI in FPV mode

Reaction score
I am trying to get my head around the LITCHI program, it seems fine so far but I am flying in FPV and I can not see how to activate RTH in case of emergency, I lost sight of it this morning for a while and and had a scary moment for a while , help please.

Turning off the controller will initiate RTH every time regardless of the flight app. It works even with no flight app. It works even with no mobile device.

S2 switch , toggle it up and down a couple of times and it will make a beep noise telling you it sent the RTH signal to the drone. Practice using it up close a couple of times.My screen froze a couple of times using Litchi and it saved my bacon

Yes - the S2 switch is good if you can see the drone or if you have the FPV/telemetry connection or both. But if you're on the edge of range, lost the 2.4 connection and can't see the AC, the S2 switch is risky in that the control signal may be intermittent. If it is intermittent, the command from the S2 switch may not be received by the AC, while at the same time the control signal is not completely lost. So what happens is the AC continues to hover at a distance and doesn't come home. There have been threads where people have described losing their AC due to this problem.

Turning the controller off absolutely guarantees RTH.

Little bit confused Mark ..... S2 switch is via Control signal ... nothing to do with 2.4 ....

I agree that best way is to switch off Controller to remove all connection and have AC automatically default to RTH. But S2 switch is good to learn and S1 for cancelling .... so you can get AC back to close and then take over visually for landing ....

The question is that .... so you switch off RC and AC auto RTH's ..... what do you do as the AC returns home ? Wait till its close and switch on again ... hope you reconnect so you can control the landing better than the auto-land ??

I think it necessary to state both ends ... not just switch off ... as the AC will complete all as auto ... and we have all seen the Auto land .... not best !

Nigel

I didn't say it had anything to do with 2.4. I know it's one of the 5.8 channels. I think sometimes you read too fast.

I didn't say it had anything to do with 2.4. I know it's one of the 5.8 channels. I think sometimes you read too fast.

No need to get bad Mark .... if you go back and read your :

"Yes - the S2 switch is good if you can see the drone or if you have the FPV/telemetry connection or both. But if you're on the edge of range, lost the 2.4 connection and can't see the AC, the S2 switch is risky in that the control signal may be intermittent. If it is intermittent, the command from the S2 switch may not be received by the AC, while at the same time the control signal is not completely lost. So what happens is the AC continues to hover at a distance and doesn't come home. There have been threads where people have described losing their AC due to this problem. "

Its not so clear for many newbies on the block. Its OK for us who have gone through the learning curve ...

We need to be clear for those with less understanding.

Whether I agree with your assessment of S2 is another matter ...........

Nigel

So you're saying that I should make it clear that the FPV/telemetry connection and the 2.4 connection are one and the same? I thought it was adequately implied in the first sentence. The info in the first sentence carries over to the second sentence. You don't agree?

Yea I was confused on that post also, then i realized he was just trying to say if you lose the video feed. I have litchi set to audio updates every 40 seconds so even if i lose video she's talking to me and letting me know that its flying back. She'll say "return to home set" or as she announces distance's and altitude so you're getting the audible info. A few times Ive been able to switch from video back to the hybrid maps on the tablet so that I can at least see if its pointed back to me and flying in the correct direction, which gets my heart out of my throat.

Yes, it's possible to lose FPV and retain telemetry (and vice versa). That would indicate you are on the edge of 2.4 range. But you should have a good 5.8 connection.

yea I did a write up on the problems I had and posted it under P3 standard project. I'm not sure anyone ever read it though.

So you're saying that I should make it clear that the FPV/telemetry connection and the 2.4 connection are one and the same? I thought it was adequately implied in the first sentence. The info in the first sentence carries over to the second sentence. You don't agree?

You really have a bee in your bonnet .....

Given that your post was NOT so clear to those with a lot less knowledge - who come here for answers ... I posted to clear that up .. by nudging you to post more detail - but instead you decided I was poking a stick at you !! Your loss mate - not mine.

Your post implied that with loss of 2.4 you could be looking at loss of command S2 ... I know what you meant - but a lot of people could easily read wrong.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel