Can Litchi Import Phantom 3 Pro/Standard Log files to repeat a route?

Wumpus_NJ

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction. I've tried several searches using various keyword combos, but results not successful.

I would like to repeat a particular route taken by a Phantom 3 (Pro or Standard as I have both models) so that I can show before & after video clips of the exact same route. Litchi seems ideal for this type of "repeat" flying if a P3 flight log can be imported (or converted/massaged and then imported) into Litchi to repeat the route.

Has anyone done this successfully or tried, but failed. If not Litchi, any other software that can do?

Any insights are greatly appreciated!

wumpy_NJ

I usually conduct a hand-flown recon round trip to check for obstacles along the intended flight path, whose locations I then mark as points of interest on the Litchi map during the programming of a waypoint mission. I then save the Litch mission and proceed to fly it repeatedly at altitudes that gradually decrease from a starting point of 246 feet AGL, dropping down to about 150 feet AGL which has been the optimal height above my local terrain and trees.

I know this doesn't answer your question as to whether it is possible to extract the stored flight log from the drone after a manually flown mission so as to use that data to create a Litch waypoint mission, but I make mention of this procedure of mine because it is quick and easy, while requiring no delving into DJI's stored flight data stored on board the drone or in obscure laptop memory locations.

What about planning the route on Litchi website. You can then download it to the bird.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
Thanks for the responses Billie & snowghost - appreciated.

What I am trying to do is actually short-cut the process of planning the route on the Litchi website by taking a log file from my P3P (from a previous flight) and import into Litchi. That would save time and avoid errors from manual input.

If you haven't yet planned a Litchi flight using the Litchi Hub website, the process is very quick and intuitive. It would take you far less time to plan your waypoint mission on Litchi Mission Hub than it would to locate, retrieve and transfer flight logs from your smart device to Litchi.

Just keep an eye on your altitudes, and ensure that they are say 200 feet AGL for the first test flight. Give it a shot, and you'll probably wind up planning all your missions that way due to the ease of using Litchi, since it is way more straightforward than other apps like Dronelink, which would require a PhD in computer science to understand just the instructions.

Reactions: snowghost
He’s trying to avoid the risk of guessing wrong on altitude. If he’s flown it visually and successfully once then there is no guesswork if he can import into litchi. It’s something I’ve thought about too but never spent time on it.
I don’t remember if litchi imports KML files. I think it exports. If it imports, then maybe you can use airdata to export a KML of a real flight. Something to investigate maybe.

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
I believe you can import KML files by going to the Missions menu, then go to the Import tab. I think csv, kml and litchi mission files are supported.

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
Apologies for the delayed response.

BSA, you are absolutely correct - trying to avoid any errors when manually entering into Litchi. And I have uploaded my logs to Airdata which can now be exported in csv, kml, etc. So I will try importing into Litchi when I get some time later this week. But I am optimistic.:blush:

BigL - yes, thanks for confirming import formats supported by Litchi. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.