Can anyone send me a few images?

Reaction score
Hi folks,
hope this is not too much to ask, but can anyone send me a original few images taken from a Phantom 3 Pro (or maybe answer my question below?)

Reason for asking is that I have a M2P, and wanted to use it for mapping... but NO GO!!! There is an issue with elevation data recorded in the images EXIF data.
So... I was thinking of getting a P3P just for this ortho mapping.... but I wanted to look at the EXIF data from some original images before actually committing.....
I do realise that the P4P would be a heck of a lot better, but I just need this machine for downward looking images and nothing more, so thus the P3P.

thanks to anyone who can help!

I'm putting a few examples on Dropbox and will PM you a link in 10 mins
Mate.... thanks a million!!
Do you think the Phantom 3 P would do this job?? ie decent elevation figures in the Exif data?

Last edited:
Mate.... thanks a million!!
Do you think the Phantom 3 P would do this job?? ie decent elevation figures in the Exif data?
The exif should be no problem - I used to use one on mapping flights.
But the camera on the P4 pro is so much better for creating good maps.

Hi folks,
hope this is not too much to ask, but can anyone send me a original few images taken from a Phantom 3 Pro (or maybe answer my question below?)

Reason for asking is that I have a M2P, and wanted to use it for mapping... but NO GO!!! There is an issue with elevation data recorded in the images EXIF data.
So... I was thinking of getting a P3P just for this ortho mapping.... but I wanted to look at the EXIF data from some original images before actually committing.....
I do realise that the P4P would be a heck of a lot better, but I just need this machine for downward looking images and nothing more, so thus the P3P.

thanks to anyone who can help!

Based on previous posts it seems that you are looking for accurate altitude AMSL data, so I'm not clear what you think using the P3P is going to achieve. There are 3 possibilities to get altitude AMSL:
  1. Absolute barometric altitude based on a standard atmosphere
  2. Takeoff elevation AMSL plus relative barometric flight altitude
  3. GPS altitude data
(1) is very inaccurate, and is what is currently in the "GPS altitude" field in the M2P EXIF data. As far as I'm aware - it's also used in all DJI image files, so the P3P is not going to help there.

(2) is fairly accurate for low-height flights, and is available in both the M2P and Phantom EXIF data.

(3) is fairly accurate, but not available in either the M2P or Phantom EXIF data.

Reactions: queeg730
Thanks SAR....
I thought that maybe the Phantom didn't have the same issue that the M2P had....... was hoping more than anything.
I think I will live with this and use GCPs.

Thanks SAR....
I thought that maybe the Phantom didn't have the same issue that the M2P had....... was hoping more than anything.
I think I will live with this and use GCPs.

Well you should check with @Meta4 on that, but I'm pretty sure that it uses the same barometric data in that field.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20