Camera works but no link to Aircraft

Reaction score
I tried to get an answer from Dji Forum, but I believe I have more experienced people on this forum.

I work for a big networking company, we were testing our outdoor APs so we thought a drone would be useful to check their physical status. We bought a P4P Pro 2.0 with all bells and whistles. I am the main keeper of the drone and time to time other colleagues use it. About 2 months ago, one of our principal engineers borrowed it for a project. He returned it and said he could not able to fly. it is interesting that the camera shows the video on the RC, it says Ready to Fly (GPS) but it says N/A next to flight mode and Battery also shows N/A. I thought it could be a battery problem and bought a battery. Same issue. I tried to reset multiple times and reset the link with the RC and AC, no change. It looks like video link is OK but aircraft is not talking to the RC. The RC says it has the latest firmware. One data point, when I try to reinstall the firmware, the upload stops at 28% and says battery firmware was not installed. That is why I bought the new battery. No change in the symptoms. Any ideas? I could not find a repair shop in Bay Area, I don‘t want to ship if possible.

A360A4FA-D71C-4D2E-B98C-6E8365B5373C.jpeg

Reactions: Capt KO
I read in another thread that this is caused by AC Main Controller board failure. I might need to send it in.

I’ve had a similar problem twice now with the phantom 4 pro v2.0. My first concern was solid red lights. If you have that on the back of your aircraft, then odds are it’s an internal issue. In both of my instances it was the 3-in-1 board. DJI fixed it free of charge and I had it back within 2 weeks of sending it off....both times.

Reactions: Capt KO
I’ve had a similar problem twice now with the phantom 4 pro v2.0. My first concern was solid red lights. If you have that on the back of your aircraft, then odds are it’s an internal issue. In both of my instances it was the 3-in-1 board. DJI fixed it free of charge and I had it back within 2 weeks of sending it off....both times.
Yes, I have solid red lights. It needs to go to repair I guess.

I tried to get an answer from Dji Forum, but I believe I have more experienced people on this forum.

I work for a big networking company, we were testing our outdoor APs so we thought a drone would be useful to check their physical status. We bought a P4P Pro 2.0 with all bells and whistles. I am the main keeper of the drone and time to time other colleagues use it. About 2 months ago, one of our principal engineers borrowed it for a project. He returned it and said he could not able to fly. it is interesting that the camera shows the video on the RC, it says Ready to Fly (GPS) but it says N/A next to flight mode and Battery also shows N/A. I thought it could be a battery problem and bought a battery. Same issue. I tried to reset multiple times and reset the link with the RC and AC, no change. It looks like video link is OK but aircraft is not talking to the RC. The RC says it has the latest firmware. One data point, when I try to reinstall the firmware, the upload stops at 28% and says battery firmware was not installed. That is why I bought the new battery. No change in the symptoms. Any ideas? I could not find a repair shop in Bay Area, I don‘t want to ship if possible.

View attachment 119134
It is on its way to DJI repair, I'll report back what they find.

I sent the drone to DJI for repairs. Here is what they found; “Aircraft disconnected error in app causing N/A errors; roll bracket deformed” They are replacing Phantom 4 Yaw-axis Motor V2, Phantom 4 Roll Motor and 3in1 Board.
I know my colleague said it did not work when I handed over to him, but I also know he wanted to do some experimentation for carrying an extra load. Hey, we bought the drone as a lab equipment, so it is OK to do experiments. The motor issue could be due to that, but why would 3in1 board would get issues. Any ideas?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4