Camera/Gimbal off, ribbon broken - fix?

Reaction score
Had a crash (Only had my P3 for 5 days now), and part of the gimbal and
IMG_5150.JPG
IMG_5151.JPG

Ouch.

Ouch is right. Expensive crash. Are you going to try a DIY repair or send the camera and gimbel off. Ugh! That's the new P3 too. Sorry for your loss.

I just received a P3 camera yesterday for possible repair. Having never seen one before, I was curious as to any possible similarities to the P2V+ camera/gimbal unit. Sadly, there are none. The P3 camera gimbal looks the same, but is dimensionally different, all around. DJI thinks they came up with a better camera/gimbal unit, but all they did was come up with better video quality. This unit is heavier, an attempt to make it more robust, but all it did is amplify the same damage you get when you crash a P2V+. The pitch motor still separates from its bracket and the ribbon still tears. BTW, the ribbon is TOTALLY different, as it splits into a "Y" configuration, going into 2 connectors on the main circuit board. I like the small fan above the main board, and the "heat sink" design of the upper main board body. DJI's attempt to diffuse the heat coming from the main circuit board.
So, it seems like it will be awhile before anybody starts offering ribbon cables, and parts, in general will only be available the way we get P2V+ parts today. From buying up damaged cameras.
Fly safe, don't crash.

If u are going to try to fix it yourself, be sure to get a ribbon cable directly from DJI. The cheap ones on E Bay are crap. Most don't work and it is hit and miss. The Yaw arm and roll arm are only available as aftermarket as DJI does not sell them. They are also on E Bay. There are lots of videos on You Tube to shoe u how to do it. Be very careful with the locking clips that hold the ribbon cable, they break easy if u force them to much. I would suggest sending it to Hunch if u are not comfortable with doing it yourself. You will find him on here. He is very reasonable. There are other shops that will do it. If u send it to DJI they will just sell u a new one for about $500. If you want advise as to what to do just ask as we are here to help.

not really. depend on how badly you crash. It mostly saves it from something catching on the ribbon cable. Doesn't hurt other than extra weight.

Reactions: QuadBart

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20