Calibrating the compass

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was starting up my new phantom 2 and switched the switch (S1) up and down like 100 times, it wont calibrate. I think it worked the first time but I just assumed it was switched into calibration mode because I couldnt see whetever the lights was green or yellow because of bright sunlight. So the phantom flyes fine but I wanna calibrate it again just to be sure. My problem is that it won't enter calibrating mode. I can calibrate it from the software but that's something different.

What i have tryed to make it work:
I've tryed to fly it until the battery is empty then recharge it.
I've tryed to restart it over and switch modes but nothing works... the yellow light won't show.. so, could anyone help me here?

Also, I crashed my phantom hard today, the wind took it and the shell broke on 1 of the 4 proppelers and bent itself. Theres sand into the motors but does that mean that I have to buy 4 new ones? I know I have to replace the shell and all but should I buy new motors just to be sure? Because it crackles when I make them spin with my hands.

Sorry for my very bad english, it's not my mother language :p

Thanks alot for you're help!!!

PS: If there was something you didn't understand then just replay to this thread and I will try to explain it better..

Eddiee said:
Also, I crashed my phantom hard today, the wind took it and the shell broke on 1 of the 4 proppelers and bent itself. Theres sand into the motors but does that mean that I have to buy 4 new ones? I know I have to replace the shell and all but should I buy new motors just to be sure? Because it crackles when I make them spin with my hands.

Hi Eddiee, I am another Phantom newbie with the same compass problem, but mine flies perfectly.

I did however crash on my first flight into a tree and bent one of the motor arms. This caused one prop to strike the main body of the Phantom. So I gave the buckled area a 10 second burst from a heat gun and with some slight pressure (hand) I reformed the motor arm alignment back to as good as new. Flies perfectly. Use heat gun with extreme caution! :)

I still cannot get the Phantom into calibration mode, same as you. But it flies perfectly.

Eddiee said:
Hey guys, I was starting up my new phantom 2 and switched the switch (S1) up and down like 100 times, it wont calibrate. I think it worked the first time but I just assumed it was switched into calibration mode because I couldnt see whetever the lights was green or yellow because of bright sunlight. So the phantom flyes fine but I wanna calibrate it again just to be sure. My problem is that it won't enter calibrating mode. I can calibrate it from the software but that's something different.

What i have tryed to make it work:
I've tryed to fly it until the battery is empty then recharge it.
I've tryed to restart it over and switch modes but nothing works... the yellow light won't show.. so, could anyone help me here?

Sorry for my very bad english, it's not my mother language :p

Thanks alot for you're help!!!

PS: If there was something you didn't understand then just replay to this thread and I will try to explain it better..

You could try cleaning out the motors before deciding if they need replacing. You can replace just one if needed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJixomwlVUs

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic