Buying a phantom

Reaction score
hi everyone, my son is looking to buy his first drone phantom 2 or 3 for Christmas, I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction. He is 11 years old but loves photography and is looking for a new angle, is it stable enough for him to use and what sort of safety extras would we need to put in place.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Paul

Well the P2 V+ are very cheap now, but the P3 so much better. The P3 is super stable and again there are bargains to be had as people are upgrading to the P4 and Mavic.
The P3 is very easy to fly, you put it up in the air and let go of the controls and it sits there at the altitude and position until you move it.
I think an 11 year old with parental supervision will do just fine.

Thanks for that, there isn't much difference in price so I'll be going for the P3. I will be with him each time he's using it so if it's as easy as you say I won't worry so much. Thanks again

Go on Youtube and checkout Toms Tech Time and look and the Phantom Professional 3, you will be the best judge to see if your son will be able to cope with this model, the prices are reduced due to new model.

Reactions: Fred Guernsey
Registration says 13yo so you will need to do it in your name. I take my 10yo out and let him fly the standard. He has no problems. The advanced and professional are going to be more stable then the standard and go further.

Sent from my SM-G930P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Paul, welcome to the site, I got here a few days ago. I hope to purchase my first drone real soon and I have been doing a lot of reading. For me I am pretty sure I am going to purchase the Phantom 3 Advanced but I started out leaning towards buying the Phantom 3 Standard. I am not sure where you are located but Sam's club is having a sale on November 12 for one day only and the Standard is $379. Not sure if this helps or not but I thought I would mention it. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic