Blackpearl Screen Static-y

Reaction score
Hello all.

I recently purchased a P2 setup with complete FPV, and upon opening it, can not seem to get this to work.

http://i.imgur.com/5iSx9Tl.jpg

^that's the screen I see when starting it up. The specs on the unit are:

P2 non vision,
modded controller with helix FPVLR antenna and monitor mount on the controller,
black pearl,
FPVLR antennas for the monitor,
600mW VTX,
Zenmuse H3-3D w/ GoPro Hero 3+ Black
mini iOSD

it's my first time using the Black Pearl monitor, as I've used other ones for FPV in the past. I tried with 2 different GoPros and they had the same result. All the antennas are screwed on tightly in the position that the guy had shown in the pictures.

I'm wondering if its my Zenmuse H3-3D Ribbon broken, but I have full tilt control of the GoPro so that leads me to think it's an antenna issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

To start with, make sure the GoPro and the BP are both in either PAL, or both in NTSC.

Also, is it a 32 channel or a 7 channel BP ?

Reactions: NickCopter
Yea without a doubt change the ntsc/pal setting under the black pearls menus. That will fix the bad image.

It looks to me that you have the rp-sma adapters on the black pearl. (am i right in saying those are ibcrazy bluebeams?) if they are it looks like you may have the 32 ch black pearl which does not work properly with immersion vtxs. I had this problem myself with only getting 200m out of a 600mw with nimrod antennas. My work around was to use an immersion dup diversity receiver wired into the input on the black pearl. not get 1500m with ease.

Reactions: NickCopter
To start with, make sure the GoPro and the BP are both in either PAL, or both in NTSC.

Also, is it a 32 channel or a 7 channel BP ?

Thanks for the help! It did the trick excellently. Just had to change the monitor to NTSC.

For the record, I think it's a 7-channel but I'm not sure.

I wss assuming you had an irc 600 vtx. There have been compatibility issues with irc transmitters and the 32channel BP . Sounds like your all sorted anyhow, just trying to cover the bases in the one reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.