Black Water Falls and Canyon, WV.

Reaction score
The Black Water river slowly goes through the swamps of Canaan Valley. Canaan Valley is a unique boreal relict community by virtue of its size, elevation and diversity. The Valley is like a bowl at 3,200 ft. it is the largest and highest of its type east of the Mississippi. This is where the Black Water river picks up a lot of tannic acid and gets its name. I did the video Oct. 5.
There are two things I noticed on this flight. One is the gimbal is doing a little jerking again. I changed the roll motor a year ago and thought the problem was solved. Next the remote battery is losing its charge again. It is not the battery, but the circuit. I'll tear it apart and reflow the solder again.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice and peaceful to watch, all those colors
Might be some gold in the river down there, stunning ranch to live in 👍

Variety is the spice of life.
Enjoyed your trip through the woods. Beautiful views. Nice change from my beaches.
Variety is the spice of life. Beaches are nice, but a cool walk in the woods has its place.
I told my wife when I lived in Florida, that they need a mountain. The view and the price of land would be a realtor's dream. Lol. It seemed that is most all you saw in the Sunday paper there, buy land in the mountains. I did. I have a great view from my back porch and I'm 2 miles from a trout stream. Night time is dead still.
I love the beach and have my annual salt water fishing license.

Reactions: Capt KO
Beautiful views. I use to live in Elkins WV and skied a lot in Canaan Valley and Snow Shoe. Thanks for sharing!

Very attractive colours these days. You must have had difficulties finding take-off place within all that woods around.

Reactions: GFields
Beautiful views. I use to live in Elkins WV and skied a lot in Canaan Valley and Snow Shoe. Thanks for sharing!
Two different worlds for sure. I stopped in the Birmingham area at least 3x a year heading to Panama city. I may not be through the area for a long while now that both of my wife's parents passed away this year.
I have to make my own boiled peanuts now. Lol. I will miss good seafood and southern Bar-B-Q.

Reactions: Phantom Pirate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic