Best Tablet

Reaction score
iPad mini 3 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. I'm currently using the Samsung tablet and wondering if investing in ipad is worth it.

My S Tab 8.4 died new battery didn't help not that old .I now read that there are quite a few unhappy customers out there with the same problem .

First when I started i tried an early gen Galaxy tab.. Choppy and pitiful ..Used a friends air 2 on his advanced a while back and loved it but bought myself a Mini 2 with cell from Bestbuy.. Loved it.. Battery is awesome and video is smooth as silk.. I killed all the apps I could and only use it for the DJI app.. My sister bought herself a new Iconia 8 inch to replace her Kobo reader and I thought I would give it a try ... It is so much cheaper then the Mini and I was curious.. Well.. The app loaded up perfectly and although I only burned one battery on a 14 minute or so flight Myself and my bud Sean were surprised with it.. Just as smooth as my Mini and everything just plain worked as it should..

I was trying to decide between the shield, nexus 9 and galaxy tab s 8.4. In the end it was the 2k super amoled display on the tab s that got me. I picked one up cheap second hand. At first the video feed was terrible and choppy. But after rooting and flashing custom firmware (cyanogenmod 12) I'm getting a very smooth video feed and stable response from the dji go app. If your familiar with rooting and flashing custom ROMs then this tab is the go. Its not a problem for me because I root all my android devices. Was planning on doing this and flashing CM12 to my tab s anyways as soon as I got it home.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic