Best Buy Black Friday

Also to note if you don't get one of these go to a post office and ask for a movers packet. It will probably be expired but will contain a 10% off one item which Best Buy will honor.

Also to note if you don't get one of these go to a post office and ask for a movers packet. It will probably be expired but will contain a 10% off one item which Best Buy will honor.
Depending on the GM. Our GM will not honor any expired coupons. I don't think they have them in the mover packs anymore I think it's all done online now.

I first got a standard and it had new case and new motors then I returned it and got the advanced and it can with the new case old motors but they work fine for me no complaints

Reactions: pawpaw
About ten or so days ago jet.com was selling the P3Pro for $1056 with a 20% first time buyers discount. (max $50) with waving a $22 return shipping fee. So I pulled the plug and bought one. Shipping was free with no tax. I was totally surprised that they sent it next day air!
The price has come up to $1188 but has also falling back down to the $1056. You have to pay attention to the web site as it only will only drop the price to $1056 for a few hours.

if we go to best buy, how do we identify if the quad has the new motors and shells? It seems worth to do the line.

You would have to open the box and look at the motors and if 2 of them have black dots on the top of them they are the new motors

Received 2 p3ps this month and the one that came with new motors/shell also came with w323a and GL300B on the serial number sticker compared to just w323 for the original style.

w323-w323a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Extreme24
Received 2 p3ps this month and the one that came with new motors/shell also came with w323a and GL300B on the serial number sticker compared to just w323 for the original style.
Thank you very much....this is an excellent and practical advice.

Honestly didn't know there was a newer remote just motors and shell

There has been different remotes almost from the very beginning. Which are GL300A and GL300B. And they are different internally.

if we go to best buy, how do we identify if the quad has the new motors and shells? It seems worth to do the line.
There is a post here some where (search cracks) it shows pictures of the front of the old and new box. in the picture the motors are different, that's it. You can probably search old motors/new motors as well. I just bought a P3P from B & H in NYC and they shipped me the old one, I brought it back this Sunday for a exchange. They didn't know about the difference. Everybody be careful if you get a old one it might not crack for a while if at all but you need to be aware. DJI is replacing them but at what cost to you. No drone for a while. There is a problem and allot of people know about it but there still selling old ones.

DJI has to come out with a new pricing strategy to clear off old stock with them as well as with their authorized dealers.

Why do some of the members here continue to propagate the myth that you need the new motors? Why do you want main board integrated ESC's and what could be a cheaper to manufacture motor with thinner casing? There is zero proof the newer motors are better, and they could in fact be worse. Would you rather have a video card or integrated graphics on your computer motherboard?
I don't want to start this controversy all over again, but it baffles me to see members steered to the new motors like they're better or something.

Why do some of the members here continue to propagate the myth that you need the new motors? Why do you want main board integrated ESC's and what could be a cheaper to manufacture motor with thinner casing? There is zero proof the newer motors are better, and they could in fact be worse. Would you rather have a video card or integrated graphics on your computer motherboard?
I don't want to start this controversy all over again, but it baffles me to see members steered to the new motors like they're better or something.
I agree who says the new motors are better they are maybe just a different production run bought at a cheaper price from another manufacturer, Are they a different kv like on the Inspire ver 2 does anyone really have any specs to compare how do you know that the new motors wont start falling out of the sky?

ad4d6163e4440bf0e31471443ca81b83.jpg

Lots of new pilots will be crashing now that anyone can just walk into a Bestbuy and buy a UAV. The sales person asked me if the P3's camera was removable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLDC motors have no wearing/moving parts except the bearings.

Motors don't fail without some outside stimulus such as foreign material, stalling without adequate over-current protection in the ESC, etc.

There is soooo much worry over one of the most reliable components in the Phantom.

Just goes to show the 'power' of the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4