Been away for a week...

Reaction score
Afternoon gents. I've got a new human living in my house so it's been impossible to get to this board since last Wednesday. Would someone be so kind as to catch me up on anything I've missed? Appreciate it.

Reactions: dirkclod
[Inappropriate comment removed by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know bbbbb but i know how many people are crowding the threads with useless junk.

Gay Marriage is now legal in the US, we still cannot marry our drones. People are still unsure about everything. Three new threads about CSC in Flight, and about 20 new threads about FW updates. AbsPapa got a letter from DJI.....He is still not happy. That about sums it up!

Congrats on the new addition

Afternoon gents. I've got a new human living in my house so it's been impossible to get to this board since last Wednesday. Would someone be so kind as to catch me up on anything I've missed? Appreciate it.
Hi sir. Welcome back. I actually did miss you. Oh, congrats on the new addition.

A few off the top of my head. Guys, please add or correct...

New app introduced gimbal overload error messages. Most are ignoring and DJI knows.

A few people are starting to see cracks develop nears the screws holding the prop arms together.

There is a growing rumor that DJI will release a new FW update next week.

Many of the same threads related to CSC and "which tablet is best."

Best Buy now selling P3s, so maybe a lot of new fliers coming.

Reactions: bbfpv
The sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. Water is wet, and AbsPapa is still complaining in every thread he posts to. I'm out having fun flying......... 4 batteries Sunday and 3 yesterday. Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Oh, and somebody used their 3d printer to turn a p3 into a hand held steadycam. Ain't science wonderful?
Welcome back and congratulations on the new addition. (I assume it's a baby and not just that it's your mother in law that has moved in with you) Did you buy a teeny-tiny R/C to get them started flying your P3?

I dont know bbbbb but i know how many people are crowding the threads with useless junk.
Yeah, and besides, it is an awful strain on all of those poor electrons that are forced into representing sentences that jak3 does not feel are worthy -- not to mention the finger-strain to swipe past all of the other people's lives. 'must be a pretty stinky life if something as innocent as a forum post, made with no hint of malice or bad intent, makes someone a piece of fecal matter.

Or, maybe it's true what they say about those who protesteth a bit too much?

SHORT VERSION; Don't be hatin' - lol is a lot more fun!!

- Rickey "the turd" Fitts

Reactions: bbfpv and dirkclod
Up is now down, down is now up.

CSC is a thing.

Software / firmware has life of its own and looking at world domination.

Reactions: PaulS
Afternoon gents. I've got a new human ...

Congrats on your new bundle of joy -- 'delivered by stork or drone?(Or, if you meant that you have a new roomate... yawn :eek:)

Let's see... 'which case should I get?', 'why did my bird crash?', 'DJI suks', 'P3 rox', 'p3 battery sightings - more elusive than Sasqwatch?' 'what filters and camera settings?' (Very informative).
Those are not actual post titles, but it's all still up there for your reading pleasure, whenever your sleep-deprived eyes can focus again!

Reactions: bbfpv
thanks guys. So in other words, I've missed absolutely nothing :) got a good laugh out of the summaries.

And yes, new baby boy, not a relative or roommate ;)

Appreciate the replies. I'll be poking around again soon.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
You back? So soon...
There was an iOS update today...
Let's Hope it doesn't mess up my awesome Phantom 3 compatibility.
This update introduces Apple Music—a revolutionary music service, 24/7global radio, and a way for fans to connect with their favorite artists—all included in the redesigned Music app. iOS 8.4 also includes improvements for iBooks and bug fixes.

Apple Music

• Become an Apple Music member to play from millions of songs in the Apple Music catalog, or keep them offline for playback later
  • For You: Members can see playlist and album recommendations, handpicked by music experts
  • New: Members can find the latest, greatest new music available—direct from our editors
  • Radio: Tune in to music, interviews, and exclusive radio shows on Beats 1, play radio stations created by our editors or create your own from any artist or song
  • Connect: See shared thoughts, photos, music, and videos from artists you follow, then join the conversation
  • My Music: Play from all of your iTunes purchases, songs from Apple Music, and playlists in one place
  • Completely redesigned music player that includes new features such as Recently Added, MiniPlayer, Up Next, and more
  • iTunes Store: Still the best place to buy your favorite music—one song or album at a time
  • Availability and features may vary by country

iBooks improvements and fixes

• Browse, listen and download audiobooks from inside iBooks
  • Enjoy the all-new Now Playing feature, designed specifically for audiobooks
  • Books that are Made for iBooks now work on iPhone in addition to iPad
  • Find and pre-order books in a series right from your library
  • Improves accessibility of widgets, glossary and navigation in books made with iBooks Author
  • New default Chinese font
  • New setting to turn off Auto-Night theme in your library
  • Resolves an issue that may have prevented Hide Purchases from working
  • Resolves an issue that may have prevented downloading books from iCloud

Other improvements and bug fixes

• Fixes an issue where receiving a specific series of Unicode characters causes device to reboot
  • Fixes an issue that prevented GPS accessories from providing location data
  • Fixes an issue where deleted Apple Watch apps could re-install
Enjoy

RedHotPoker

Yeah, you're going to last long in this forum with snarky comments like you have posted in this thread, hehe.

Welcome back bb........... yea, you haven't missed much............

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic