Battery won't charge

Reaction score
put my new battery on the charger tonight to charge charged it up and put the one that came with the phantom which was used but was told not used much on the charger and didn't have time to let it get fully charged so unplugged it and left it at home while I took the charged one out to fly came home and thought I would finish charging the battery plugged it in and nothing the light on the charger stays green and the lights on the battery don't even light up I know it's not the charger cause it works on the other battery if I take the battery off the charger and push the button on the battery it lights up and works in the phantom but won't charge at all what can I do with this

Reactions: dirkclod
Reaction score
If im reading that right (as there's no punctuation ;)), its not a fully charged battery and you want to fully charge it?? Connect it to the charger and hold the battery button in until it starts.

Reactions: Pharm and dirkclod
Reaction score
Well I started to charge the battery this evening it was maybe a little over a quarter charged, I unplugged it and left it on the counter came home maybe an hour later plugged it in to finish charging and it wont even light up, tried holding the battery button in to get it to start but nothing the lights light up when I hold the button in but as soon as I let it go I get nothing again no lights at all
its almost as if its stuck

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If im reading that right (as there's no punctuation ;)), its not a fully charged battery and you want to fully charge it?? Connect it to the charger and hold the battery button in until it starts.
o_O Ya think he caught his breath yet ? ;)

Reactions: Pharm

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Well I started to charge the battery this evening it was maybe a little over a quarter charged, I unplugged it and left it on the counter came home maybe an hour later plugged it in to finish charging and it wont even light up, tried holding the battery button in to get it to start but nothing the lights light up when I hold the button in but as soon as I let it go I get nothing again no lights at all
its almost as if its stuck
Unplug it and do it like you had it in the bird to start it up and see what it does Squid .

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
you mean plug the charger in to the wall then plug the charger into the battery
No I mean unplug your battery from the charger and then cycle it like you would if it was in the bird and see if it stays on then .

Reaction score
plugged the phantom into the computer with the battery that wont work and opened up the phantom assist software to check the cells on the battery and this is what it reads is this normal looking

Attachments

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
plugged the phantom into the computer with the battery that wont work and opened up the phantom assist software to check the cells on the battery and this is what it reads is this normal looking
Did ya try what Meta told ya Squid ?

Reaction score
well tried puggin charger in first to the wall then battery nothing any other ideas, how does it work one min and then not the next weird

Reaction score
sorry Dirkclod guess I missed that post, yes that worked what Meta said, cool learned something new again today hahahaha Thanks for your help buddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip meta4 and dirkclod i had the same problem but all is well again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canfly