Battery vs distance p3p advice

No. Already proven it will go 3-4 times further easily.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You say that but some (not me)have taken the standard to 6 miles! How many do you know thats taken their p3a/p 6miles ?(even though it is capable)

Good to know. I will try and find good spot there. Wow. Only 32mph. I got 42mph or so the other day. Let me look again. Yep.

What kind of Mod did you do to your controller? I live in the city and I can barely get 2000 ft with out losing signal for video or RC

Hello, Guys just done my personal best 20,800ft out so nervous coming back lol here the video
DBS mods and stock phantom battery.

What kind of Mod did you do to your controller? I live in the city and I can barely get 2000 ft with out losing signal for video or RC

hmm something not right with your battery .
i can get to 12000 feet and back!!!! and still have 68% battery and thats with a 20mph headwind on return flight​

hmm something not right with your battery .
i can get to 12000 feet and back!!!! and still have 68% battery and thats with a 20mph headwind on return flight​
That is exact distance I had with 68% 12k feet.

You can cancel the return home. That is what we do when we know there is going to be a helpful tailwind. Just keep pushing further little by little. This will help you estimate and calculate your risk. For example, if you're flying out with a 10mph headwind, you know you can turn around lower than 50% because you're going to come back faster. That's why you landed at 48%. Also, depending on your firmware version, your speed might be locked to max 35mph in GPS mode. ATTI you will go faster but it's not always more efficient. ATTI is more aggressive angle and so more surface area producing drag when moving. It also sounds like you were letting auto RTH fly home for you. Don't do that because it does not fly at max speed. I think it goes 22mph. Take you time in getting comfortable. You will learn the conditions and how the bird handles in each. Always fly out against the wind. Always do some test runs with another battery first. I suggest flipping to ATTI during these tests to measure wind speed.
Hey Ed, what FW governs the speed? And does anyone know how to downgrade FW as stated by DJI in FW overview?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well after doing many test. It is true that I'm locked In the 35mph thing. I have gotten it up to 41mph in gps mode. I have now found that even with rth activated. I can still throttle foward to increase speed. Most times I always return at over 30mph. I guess the 35 mph limit is in place to protect the battery. I actually got a warning the other day that said. Throttle limited to protect battery. I was going full boar for sure. Got to 10.500 feet with 82% battery remaining.

Well after doing many test. It is true that I'm locked In the 35mph thing. I have gotten it up to 41mph in gps mode. I have now found that even with rth activated. I can still throttle foward to increase speed. Most times I always return at over 30mph. I guess the 35 mph limit is in place to protect the battery. I actually got a warning the other day that said. Throttle limited to protect battery. I was going full boar for sure. Got to 10.500 feet with 82% battery remaining.

Hey Tony, what FW did you notice the change of speed? I've been hauling *** with all my birds and updated to 1.8FW on one of them and it seems to be holding me back! I feel if a man can afford to buy one and wants SPEED, he should be able to use it and DJI shouldn't sell it to you and then downgrade it! If the battery fails and bird falls, I'm crap outta luck. This photo shows 10mph wind in Atti mode with my highest speed. I was just under 400ft so it's hard to say exact wind speed. After update I can't break 60mph. I notice the battery is getting warm but DJI needs to realize, it's my **** battery which I purchased, lol. I fly in non populated areas so they should let me full throttle if I want!
96c5200563f0a9d458ad72d6c1d98a95.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well whichever one. I just got 1.8 I think. And this is the 2nd time I updated. will have to look. But for sure max speed is 35mph unless I have a tail wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj