Battery Overcharge Warning Light on New Battery

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new battery P3 from a local supplier, first charge took a very short time to complete. I took it out for a flight and One of the cells shows as low voltage in the pilot app and the total battery mAh shown on the pilot app is only 1500 ish, i didnt notice this at first though, what i did notice was that it depleted really quickly...

I thought maybe i hadn't charged it properly and put it on charge again... it completed in 15 minutes and i got an overcharge warning light (led 3 on the battery flashing 2 x per second), when i put it into the phantom 3 and connected the pilot app thats when i noticed cell 1 was red (low voltage) and the mAh was way off...

Unless anyone has any bright idea's I take it my new battery is knackered and i need to send it back to the dealer o get it replaced...

Hi,

I bought a new battery P3 from a local supplier, first charge took a very short time to complete. I took it out for a flight and One of the cells shows as low voltage in the pilot app and the total battery mAh shown on the pilot app is only 1500 ish, i didnt notice this at first though, what i did notice was that it depleted really quickly...

I thought maybe i hadn't charged it properly and put it on charge again... it completed in 15 minutes and i got an overcharge warning light (led 3 on the battery flashing 2 x per second), when i put it into the phantom 3 and connected the pilot app thats when i noticed cell 1 was red (low voltage) and the mAh was way off...

Unless anyone has any bright idea's I take it my new battery is knackered and i need to send it back to the dealer o get it replaced...
was the battery cooled down before you re-charged it?

was the battery cooled down before you re-charged it?
It was, i left the field, drove home and the AC was on in the car all the way home. It was room temp to the touch when i plugged it in to charge.

Oh and that first flight... it didnt actually get warm... thats how little power there was to discharge.

mANtjL6.jpg

My view from the app.

Yeah.. looks like the intelligent charger isnt working... the # of times charged isnt updating... Oh bugger what a blow.

I'm going to have to look at 2 of my new battrries. Neither are updating how many times they've been charged.

Ok, they are new batteries so I am breaking them in. Maybe I'll run one down a little further tonight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.