Battery life

Reaction score
Back in September i purchased my third bird this time i was fortunate and purchased a phantom 4 pro off of ebay that was said never been crashed or damaged the seller was very much telling the truth the only thing is that it came with one battery does anybody know the risk of malfunctions from using one battery all the time i am terrified of crashing because i hear horror stories on here all the time over batteries i am dead broke so broke that its really hard to explain to people why i am flying a 2000 dollar toy when i live in poverty almost if it crashes before i can get on my feet by using my precious aircraft to get pilot license and make money i will be screwed it will be over i have a goal to be one of the worlds best drone pilot and photograper but i really need advice on this one battery till i can get a couple more but i really need to fly

My first p4 original battery I flew with got to 172 charges before it played bad games,,,I think dji give them 200 charges under warranty,,I've had new one probably like most here that have died with less charges,,depends on the cell health of the battery I think ,using the same battery all the time wont cause harm but could get slight or big deviations in cell reading which might cause issue and mayby it wont,,battery got mind of it's own,,,dont worry I'm sure that fatal thought is on a lot of minds during flight with old or new battery,,depending what your doing turn off obstacle avoidance to save bit of current drain,,,yip 1 batt is a pain,we or I been there,,heaps of batterys a pain cause have to rotate them or they die,,yip I love phantoms too lol

I think the worst thing you can do, and it's true with any mechanical device, is to not use it regularly. Really the only complaints we see about batteries is them dying when left sitting too long. Regular use with proper care should keep them alive and happy for a very long time. As said, never charge them when they are hot right after flight and they should be reliable for many many flights. My one and only OEM P3 battery (which for over a year was the only battery I owned, i now have 2 other 3rd party batteries) is still is top notch flight condition after over 70 charges. No cell deviations, no reduced flight time, and truly, is the still the only battery I use for more "dangerous" flights, such as long flights over water. It still peforms the same as brand new. But I do use it regularly to keep it "awake".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic