Battery Discharging

The one in post #2 for which msinger was kind enough to provide a link.

I just tried out the bulb discharger for the first time. Wow, is it bright! I was seeing spots for several minutes afterward. After the discharge finished, I noticed one side of the connector that holds the bulb is burnt and melted. I can't imagine this is normal?

Mine shows no sign of a heat problem whatsoever and I've used it several times. I don't know why yours is burning and melting. Maybe you should return it. Otherwise you might consider blowing a fan on it while it's discharging. But I'd want to keep an eye on it. :)

Edit: Another idea is to remove the bulb and replace it or reconnect it. You might cut the wires and figure out a way to connect another bulb or the same bulb in a way that the glass won't burn anything. My bulb says "PHILIPS 12v35W." Good luck.

Last edited:
I just tried my bulb version discharger for the first time last night. 2 batteries discharged fine as soon as I turned them on, however the 3rd one would only 'flash' the bulb on for less than a second then turn off.
The battery was at full charge with 4 LEDs on and the only way I could finally get the bulb to stay on was to press the small button on the discharger which lit the bulb for ~5 seconds only, but kept repeating this about 10 times and finally after turning the battery off and on again the bulb stayed lit.
It almost appeared that the battery was too fully charged if that makes sense, but I'm no expert.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair