Battery Damage Notification. Seems ok after ground test. Advice needed

Interesting, consensus on the forums based on experienced lipo users this is not the thing to do. In fact DJI had discontinued recommending it be done. Guess it depends on who you talk to at DJI. That said, if you continue to get significant t warnings via Aiardata after say a routine flight of ten-fifteen minutes and battery usage not beyond 20 30 percent, then the battery is bad. Not worth the risk for flight.
I have heard that DJI customer service is pretty crap.

However, if you look at cell data for the three flights, it looked liked it had hundreds of major deviations on the flight when i got the battery damaged msg. After deep discharge there were only 6 major deviations

"smart batteries" Are they lithium polymer as in our Phantoms? Or Liion like laptops etc.? They are different in charging and behavior.
What do your company batteries power?
LiPO are LiION chemistry- they have very similar behaviour (charging and operation). It is the format (packaging) that is the principal difference. The soft packaging allows LiPO some freedom of expansion and makes them lighter- perfect for flying models.

What differences are you referring to?

Not a expert on this, so maybe others can chime in here. Lipos are lithium polymer vs lithium ion. Lipos have different charging protocol vs lithium ion I have been led to believe. Could use some clarification on this. Others?? I've been flying fixed wing ac with lipo packs since lipos were only one cell, and they use a different charging protocol from lithium ion. My chargers have different settings for lion and for lipo.

So here's an update on OP.

I got in contact with DJI and got green lit to send the battery to DJI Australia for an exchange.

At first they didnt want to play ball saying they checked it and it's good. I responded to this notification with dissatisfaction, quoting the airdata flight with over 100 major deviations in cell 1.

Only then did they come back to me with a repair. Battery arrived and i have taken it on 2 short flights of 8 and 5 minutes respectively. No major deviations so far so good

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl