Battery cracked open and possible leak?

Reaction score
Hello, first of all I just wanted to say sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong section I know it’s my first post (if so would a mod be so kind to move it?) anyways here’s my story...

Was flying my phantom 3 pro on a job (I do real-estate work) and due to interference I lost signal to my drone. It then tried to return to the home point but unfortunately there was a tree in the way....so long story short it hit the tree, battery flew out of the drone landed in the street and completely destroyed it. There was no explosion or fire, but when I went to move it (because I obviously didn’t want to leave it there) I noticed it felt like there was some liquid on my hand after. I have disposed of the battery properly, but I just wanted to know if this liquid is hazardous or should I be worried about it because I can’t find anything anywhere? I washed my hands like 10 minutes after

For reference the battery is a LiPo PH3-4480mAh-15.2V

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
The MSDS reveals the typical composition as....
353EBB92-891B-4D57-82AA-64E7DD56A667.jpeg

You should be fine- the recomendation being to seek medical advice if skin irritation develops following thorough washing.

Okay that makes me feel a little better, I also forgot to mention that when I was picking the battery up I noticed a sweet smell (almost like juicy fruit) and thought no way is this the battery and sure enough when I took a little whiff of the battery it was! If that just from the fluid inside? And is that smell harmful in anyway?

I wouldn’t get all worked up about it. I read somewhere once (think it was packaged with a lipo I bought for another RC model) that LiPO batteries contain at least one ingredient suspected or known to cause cancer and birth defects. You’d probably need long term exposure for any appreciable risk though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1