BATTERIES

Geez.... what a disappointment, yeah, looks like they went to a 4 cell battery... I have 8 Phantom 2 batteries, what a drag... I understand the potential benefits, but still disappointed..

Of course after saying that... it is possible that an upgrade to the software of the Phantom 2 would allow for higher voltage... assuming the hardware could take it, but that would also mean a full re-calibration of the gains etc.. maybe do-able, but not likely I suspect.... just talking out loud ;-)

any idea if the p2 charger will work with the p3 battery?

seems as though they're following the Apple business model with these batteries... one of the reasons I don't have any Apple products anymore....

Reactions: Tripc
seems as though they're following the Apple business model with these batteries... one of the reasons I don't have any Apple products anymore....
It sounds like the higher voltage allows better performance without reducing flight times.
Generally the slot in battery works pretty well.
I'd expect they'll follow the Inspire model and you'll be able to set a number of days for them to start discharging from the app if not part used.

since we're on the topic of P3 batteries, I can't seem to find any for pre-order anywhere, though DJI now has the extra battery bundle up on their store. Anyone see them sold individually yet?

gotcha. I was relatively late to the game w/ my P2V, so wasn't aware of the battery situation. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.