Batteries

Reaction score
Do those $80 batteries work in the phantom 4, are they safe to use? They are on amazon

Here’s one way to answer that question.
Your wallet will be part of the equation.
Is the money saved on the purchase of a battery enough to pay for the aircraft it powers when something goes wrong?
You decide.
Be safe.

I would buy only OEM for a few dollars more and piece of mind. It would suck if the battery totally failed and the bird fell out of the sky. They sell OEM batteries on ebay but I just recently opted to buy new instead since my last battery failed to come back from hibernation.

I would buy only OEM for a few dollars more and piece of mind. It would suck if the battery totally failed and the bird fell out of the sky. They sell OEM batteries on ebay but I just recently opted to buy new instead since my last battery failed to come back from hibernation.
I just bought one on Ebay, but manufactured by dji

Idk it was on Ebay, hope I didn't get screwed, it posted dji manufactured. We will see I guess

At 120.00, and if it‘s claimed to be new, i’ll go out on a limb and say it’s not
DJI. Just the smell of a DJI battery at below the 150.00 mark would attract so many buyers, they would be gone in a week.

1 of my 12 is aftermarket. Only used on my oldest (most used) P4. Nearly every review of aftermarket batteries will say either good or bad results, some fatal. I've purchased used OEM also, with mixed success. Good luck.

1 of my 12 is aftermarket. Only used on my oldest (most used) P4. Nearly every review of aftermarket batteries will say either good or bad results, some fatal. I've purchased used OEM also, with mixed success. Good luck.
I have two after market P4 batteries never used. For sale if anyone wants them

• Haha
Reactions: Capt KO
I have two after market P4 batteries never used. For sale if anyone wants them
What brand, how much? LOL you might find a buyer here if cheap enough. Just fly low, slow, away from people. Hey, It's only a drone $

Just beware on eBay. I just purchased 2 DJI low capacity batteries on eBay that the seller claimed was new and sitting on a shelf. Got them early this week and they were total garbage....went into deep hibernation and wouldn't charge at all. I was lucky enough that the seller worked with me (great guy) and refunded my money back. When buying a battery on eBay look closely at the seams of the battery to make sure they haven't been scored or opened. There are some folks refurbishing them and calling them new. If you see glue in the seams, they have been opened. I also found that the pictures don't reflect the true state of the battery. It can have 2 lights lit and still have a dead cell. Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.

Any update on this?
Hey Fred, just posted my experience on eBay this week. There is another seller with 40 batteries he claims almost new. If he takes returns might try it. Not sure, might just bite the bullet and buy from DJI or B&H camera. Never thought buying a battery would be such drama. My gut feeling is buy from B&H new.

At 120.00, and if it‘s claimed to be new, i’ll go out on a limb and say it’s not
DJI. Just the smell of a DJI battery at below the 150.00 mark would attract so many buyers, they would be gone in a week.

If you buy DJI Select which cost $29.00 a year you get 5 20% coupons for accessories so a battery comes out to be $148.00 (185- 37).
IMG_0805.jpg

Reactions: Elqueso2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic