Baterry won't turn on

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I didn't fly for about 3 months. Few days ago I charge my baterry and everything looks just fine. Today I was go to fly and when I try to check my baterry life I saw when I press button once, green indication are on about 5 sec., and when I press second time for a long time he just show me capacity for one second and then turn off. I put it on my p3p and it won't turn on. What I should do? Hmm..firmware? I just arrived at one beautiful Island and I was so happy to get some good shots, now it seems I am in big trouble. :/

You may have entered Hibernation ...

The manual is a bit skimpy on it ... but basically says - you need to leave the battery alone after tiouching the on/off button for 5 minutes - then connect to charger to leave charging and hopefully jolt it out of Hibernation.

Attached is the Battery Document - for what its worth !!

Nigel

Attachments

• Phantom_3_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines__en.pdf
    433.5 KB · Views: 1,029
Reactions: Oso
You may have entered Hibernation ...

The manual is a bit skimpy on it ... but basically says - you need to leave the battery alone after tiouching the on/off button for 5 minutes - then connect to charger to leave charging and hopefully jolt it out of Hibernation.

Attached is the Battery Document - for what its worth !!

Nigel

Wow! Thanks for that tidbit. I read the battery document carefully and did not see the warning about not doing anything with the battery for 5 minutes. Read the document a second time - and voila! I didn't know that! I don't think I've ever discharged any of my batteries to the point where they went into hibernation mode. If I'd seen that before I read that battery document carefully, that red light might have confused the dickens out of me.

I've seen good advice from you before, so I suspected that what you posted (particularly the attachment) was most likely perfectly valid and I was missing something. Sure was! I discovered long ago how to "top off" a battery that was almost fully charged. But this one had escaped me.

Thanks again.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Thanks ... appreciated.

I hope that your battery has sprung back to life !!

I would be cautious for first one or two flights though ... make sure its recovered well. I would not advise any deep cycling ... just use it and normal charging.

Note - for anyone who eventually ends up with a deteriorating battery - don't bin it !! Keep it for 'bench use' .. such as running simulator ... updating FW etc. It still has a useful life ...

Nigel

Reactions: Oso
I haven’t used my Phantom 3 professional in about 5 months. My one battery the button was stuck. Able to free it when pooped the top off. Can’t get it to light up at all. Even when plugged in. Any suggestions or is it just done?

Why the 5 minute wait? What is the battery actually doing during that time?

Why the 5 minute wait? What is the battery actually doing during that time?

That is a specific instruction by DJI in their write up to wake up hibernating batterys,

What it does - I have no idea …. I have a feeling its how long it takes for battery control board to clear from power button pressed …. maybe.

Nigel

Reactions: 3rdof5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen