Banned on DJI Forum... Discussing S7 Issue is Verboten!

Reaction score
Asking questions and complaining about the DJI app and some DJI video files rebooting the Samsung S7 and some other models is grounds for being banned by DJI

What spineless twits, clinging desperately to their reputation for the worst customer service in the drone industry...

Now getting a fake "Security certificate revoked" message when logging in. Funny that, as the site works fine on my phone.

You know, my Samsung S7...

*shakes head sadly

Asking questions and complaining about the DJI app and some DJI video files rebooting the Samsung S7 and some other models is grounds for being banned by DJI

What spineless twits, clinging desperately to their reputation for the worst customer service in the drone industry...

Now getting a fake "Security certificate revoked" message when logging in. Funny that, as the site works fine on my phone.

*shakes head sadly

That is not a indication of being "banned" check your browser and or reboot pc

a ban would involve "blocking" your user name and not let you login to the site

Well I'll happily take it back if I can access my account, but I'm now, for the first time ever, logged out, and trying to access the login screen gets:
The server's security certificate is revoked!
You attempted to reach account.dji.com, but the certificate that the server presented has been revoked by its issuer. This means that the security credentials the server presented absolutely should not be trusted. You may be communicating with an attacker.

Do YOU get that when trying to access the forum's login page?

*shakes head sadly

I have read many post on that site about Samsung specific devices having a difficult time with GO
Most Blamed DJI and many were not so reasonable

many folks noticed though it was only SAMSUNG and it was happening at same time Samsung was having issues batteries and fast charge, so they did some OTA fixes on devices.
about then all the GO issues seemed to start
keep in mind GO uses the same plug(USB) as the fast charge circuit they were "fixing".

In the end both most likely have had to or will modify things back to a point all is well again

good luck and have fun flying!

Well I'll happily take it back if I can access my account, but I'm now, for the first time ever, logged out, and trying to access the login screen gets:
You attempted to reach account.dji.com, but the certificate that the server presented has been revoked by its issuer. This means that the security credentials the server presented absolutely should not be trusted. You may be communicating with an attacker.

Do YOU get that when trying to access the forum's login page?
that is your browser settings saying that site is unsafe
to continue is up to you but that going ahead you may be going to a fake site...

the fact your phone works kinda makes the point it is pc specific

try a different browser--chrome, edge, firefox
try a different pc

Trying ol' trusty Internet Explorer gives the same error.

There is no option to continue, only to go back. Have rebooted PC, let's try again...

Help me understand

Only option is "Back to safety"

It's true that on my phone my posts and avatar seem to still be there. But more than a little suspicious that after a particular vehement post I find myself logged out and unable to log in, and cannot even access the login page (but I can access other pages of the site)

My phone, using my celluar provider, can access that "Danger Danger!" page no problem, using Opera for Android, but my Opera (and IE) on my PC say nope.

OK, let's try logging in via my phone...

"Incorrect user name or password".

Mmm?

Just for giggles tried connecting via my PC but using my phone's wifi hotspot - same BS about security certificate.

Trying ol' trusty Internet Explorer gives the same error.

There is no option to continue, only to go back. Have rebooted PC, let's try again...

Help me understand

Only option is "Back to safety"

It's true that on my phone my posts and avatar seem to still be there. But more than a little suspicious that after a particular vehement post I find myself logged out and unable to log in, and cannot even access the login page (but I can access other pages of the site)

My phone, using my celluar provider, can access that "Danger Danger!" page no problem, using Opera for Android, but my Opera (and IE) on my PC say nope.

OK, let's try logging in via my phone...

"Incorrect user name or password".

Mmm?
Now you are on a NEW issue!

I am was specifically addressing the "message you posted about bad certificate on website....
The fact you are getting the user name and password NOW
indicates you DID get past the Revolked Certificate message you posted.

incorrect user name or password IS a forum issue and that may be an indicator they closed your account.
IE: banned
this is completely separate from site certificate question.

good luck

I got passed the 'revoked' message by using a different computer (my S7) on a different ISP connection - but that says my user name or password is wrong.

Hopefully it will all be fine tomorrow, and they'll have a fix for the S7 and Nexus phones too, though I'm not holding my breath...

Ironically my wife just made a large purchase online tonight, so was pretty much decided tonight was when I was going to cave in and order one. But this has pssed me off now.

Again, maybe tomorrow..? When I've shaken off that 'DJI can go F themselves' feeling.

Yes, this a browser problem.

Have a friend sign in with there computer using your info.
or
Go to a friends house and use there computer, using your info, if it says incorrect name or password, then request a password change.

What would the worst thing that could happen, you can't sign in. ;)

Rod

When a DJI app, and even the videos produced by the app cause one of the world's most popular smartphones to reboot, and the device relies on such a smartphone as the FPV and telemetry data, how can it NOT be their problem?

It's common sense that they should be working with Samsung to sort the problem out, not just shrugging their shoulders and pointing fingers. Just look at the Go app on the Play store; it's filling up with pssed off Samsing owners.

Regarding their website it does seem to be some security cert' issue, perhaps, as ANY page, if I try accessing as https gives the same error.

3 different browsers give the same thing, rebooting my machine does the same thing, Malwarebytes says my PC is clean.

I guess it's the fault of my Samsung monitor?

When a DJI app, and even the videos produced by the app cause one of the world's most popular smartphones to reboot, and the device relies on such a smartphone as the FPV and telemetry data, how can it NOT be their problem?

It's common sense that they should be working with Samsung to sort the problem out, not just shrugging their shoulders and pointing fingers. Just look at the Go app on the Play store; it's filling up with pssed off Samsing owners.

Regarding their website it does seem to be some security cert' issue, perhaps, as ANY page, if I try accessing as https gives the same error.

3 different browsers give the same thing, rebooting my machine does the same thing, Malwarebytes says my PC is clean.

I guess it's the fault of my Samsung monitor?

IT may not have dawned on you yet that android is not a samsung product................

No, it's the operating system of all Android phones. I'm not sure what point you were attempting to make?

Anyway, without me changing anything my end, the site is suddenly working again OK. I'm able to access and login as normal.

I feel 100% justified in presuming a ban, seeing as:

1. in the previous 3 months I've never logged out
2. I found myself logged out, which was weird
3. I was then unable to access the login page
4. Using a different device with a different ISP and access was possible, but "wrong username or password" when trying to login

Looks like a ban, walks like a ban, quacks like a ban - and various forums do indeed have different ways of banning, such as 'blind' banning, where you can see your posts as normal but nobody else can. It's fairly common for forums to ban in such a way that the user doesn't know they were banned, so this just seemed a variation on that theme - 'You're not banned, it's just a technical problem...'

So like I say, 100% justified in my suspicion - but actually entirely wrong (unless they changed their minds and unbanned, which doesn't seem likely).

I owe DJI a big fat apology, so here it is...

I'M SORRY! :(

I still think they should be more proactive regarding the Samsung phones but that's a separate issue from censoring people speaking out.

Maybe you got banned because some one hacked your account, which may be because of the fake DJI certificate?

Well I didn't change anything but now the site works OK and I can enter as normal, like nothing happened.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.