Badly Named Walk with Handheld RTK survey file from DRTK2 on P4RTK controller

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My first post here, but I've been a long time reader.
There's some fantastic material on here, so thanks to everyone for your contributions in the past!

We run a P4RTK with a D-RTK 2 Mobile Station. We use the DRTK with a NTRIP subscription for roving GCPs and other important features in our study area.
One of my colleagues saved a recent GCP survey with the file name "client 12\07".

When I try to offload the survey .csv onto an SD card, I get the following error:
Export Failed
SD Card Invalid
SD card not exist

I have tried other SD cards and get the same error.
I can offload other previous surveys onto the same SD card that raises the error, so I'm quite confident that it's the backslash in the file name causing the issues.

Does anyone know how to rename a completed "Walk with Handheld RTK" survey so I can remove the backslash?

Cheers,
- Mike

You might want to post this on the CommercialDronePilots website. The link is at the very bottom of this page.

Hi everyone,

My first post here, but I've been a long time reader.
There's some fantastic material on here, so thanks to everyone for your contributions in the past!

We run a P4RTK with a D-RTK 2 Mobile Station. We use the DRTK with a NTRIP subscription for roving GCPs and other important features in our study area.
One of my colleagues saved a recent GCP survey with the file name "client 12\07".

When I try to offload the survey .csv onto an SD card, I get the following error:
Export Failed
SD Card Invalid
SD card not exist

I have tried other SD cards and get the same error.
I can offload other previous surveys onto the same SD card that raises the error, so I'm quite confident that it's the backslash in the file name causing the issues.

Does anyone know how to rename a completed "Walk with Handheld RTK" survey so I can remove the backslash?

Cheers,
- Mike
Plug it in a PC and edit the filename. If the PC won't read it, then I think you are just SOL. Reformat and educate you team members to refrain from using special characters in a filename. Use a YYMMDD format instead (210107)

Plug it in a PC and edit the filename. If the PC won't read it, then I think you are just SOL. Reformat and educate you team members to refrain from using special characters in a filename. Use a YYMMDD format instead (210107)
Hi R Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely something I had not though of.
I've plugged the controller into my PC with the supplied USB-A to USB-C cable, and two new drives appear (D: and E: for me), but I can't access them, when I double click on them it merely says "Insert a disk into D:"

I've had a look through the Android settings but can't see a way to tell the controller to mimic a simple USB device.
Are you (or anyone) able to tell me how to plug the controller into a Windows machine so I can access the file system through Windows Explorer?

Cheers,
- Mike

Hi R Martin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Definitely something I had not though of.
I've plugged the controller into my PC with the supplied USB-A to USB-C cable, and two new drives appear (D: and E: for me), but I can't access them, when I double click on them it merely says "Insert a disk into D:"

I've had a look through the Android settings but can't see a way to tell the controller to mimic a simple USB device.
Are you (or anyone) able to tell me how to plug the controller into a Windows machine so I can access the file system through Windows Explorer?

Cheers,
- Mike
I write to a USB and then access the USB.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic