Awful service from DJI repair center

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

I wanted to share my horror story with sending my P3P in to DJI for service. I contacted DJI support because my P3P would not transmit video anymore nor would it perform a firmware update. After trying several things the customer service rep stated that my transmission board in my camera was defective and asked when I purchased the P3P. I told him I purchased it from B&H photo last January, and he stated "you have a month left on your warranty." and sent me a prepaid shipping label.

After 10 days I get an email from DJI stating that the video transmission board is defective and DJI sends me a bill for a camera/gimbal replacement. I called DJI and waited an hour and a half on hold to ask why I was being billed when I had a month of warranty left. The customer service rep then states that warranty on the camera/gimbal is only 6 months. Frustrated at this point I asked, "Why would DJI send me a label and tell me I have a month left on my warranty if they knew that the camera was only covered for 6 months?"

I kindly asked him to make things right since this was DJI's fault, not mine. He places me on hold for some time then comes back and says sorry thats the policy, there is nothing that we can do. So I asked him to ship my drone back to me. Several days have passed and I have not received a return tracking # or anything!

When I read all of the horror stories that people had using DJI service, I didn't want to believe them. I thought DJI is a big company, they will do me right. WRONG!

DJI has done absolutely NOTHING to help me in this situation. I work very hard to earn the money that it takes to buy their drones. I support them 100%, but when I turn to them for help, they couldn't care less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bad experience with support via on-line conversation...my Phantom 3 Standard. The same type of issue occurred out of the box with my drone...the camera lost connection with my iPhone and after resetting everything...still nothing. It took 4.5 hours before the online support could come on-line to answer my questions and then I was told to send it back...instead I returned the unit to Amazon for a full refund.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wanted to share my horror story with sending my P3P in to DJI for service. I contacted DJI support because my P3P would not transmit video anymore nor would it perform a firmware update. After trying several things the customer service rep stated that my transmission board in my camera was defective and asked when I purchased the P3P. I told him I purchased it from B&H photo last January, and he stated "you have a month left on your warranty." and sent me a prepaid shipping label.

After 10 days I get an email from DJI stating that the video transmission board is defective and DJI sends me a bill for a camera/gimbal replacement. I called DJI and waited an hour and a half on hold to ask why I was being billed when I had a month of warranty left. The customer service rep then states that warranty on the camera/gimbal is only 6 months. Frustrated at this point I asked, "Why would DJI send me a label and tell me I have a month left on my warranty if they knew that the camera was only covered for 6 months?"

I kindly asked him to make things right since this was DJI's fault, not mine. He places me on hold for some time then comes back and says sorry thats the policy, there is nothing that we can do. So I asked him to ship my drone back to me. Several days have passed and I have not received a return tracking # or anything!

When I read all of the horror stories that people had using DJI service, I didn't want to believe them. I thought DJI is a big company, they will do me right. WRONG!

DJI has done absolutely NOTHING to help me in this situation. I work very hard to earn the money that it takes to buy their drones. I support them 100%, but when I turn to them for help, they could care less.
They COULDN'T care less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

They COULDN'T care less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

a52a8cbeedd64c857d76c0cb5c6b66d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: HWCM
I had opposite to this.

My shell cracked on arms.
On warranty information this is not covered at all.
However since it was a known problem I contacted them (again 11 months old).

They picked it up via ups on 20th december, repaired it last week and its coming back to me this wednesday.

All repairs FOC.

Same as me , couldn't be happier , after last 1.10 upgrade had the dreaded esc error, Iam second owner and out of warranty , they sent prepaid shipping , replaced main board, motor and bottom shell for some reason? Didn't have cracks or anything , all done for free, it's on its way back to me in Canada , should be here this week accord to tracking ,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic