Australian Deliveries .. what have you heard?

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My dealer is telling me they are "expecting delivery of mid-late May to our warehouse".
But who knows what the real situation is. What are other Aussies hearing?

Hi Barry. I have just joined this forum. Just ordered mine today through Bang good. 10%off first order if ordered through the app. Delivery said 7 to 15 days to Australia. I'm in Perth. I will sit tight and wait. I ordered with spare battery. I've read on here that this could delay shipping. I've no idea. I will just sit tight and wait.

Hi Barry. I have just joined this forum. Just ordered mine today through Bang good. 10%off first order if ordered through the app. Delivery said 7 to 15 days to Australia. I'm in Perth. I will sit tight and wait. I ordered with spare battery. I've read on here that this could delay shipping. I've no idea. I will just sit tight and wait.
Likewise here...I also ordered with a spare battery, from what I've read the battery will be shipped later. DHL estimate delivery on Wednesday 6th.

Nice find! How did you get your 10% off? I just added a P3P to the cart and found it $500AU cheaper than buying local even without the 10% off!

Exactly. You download the app. Login and the 10 percent off coupon will appear in your cart. It will only work in the app. Works out at an awesome price

Ahh thanks I got it, had to sign up first. Also had chosen the advanced by accident. Still can't argue with $400 off a Pro with extra battery. The shipping is cheap too. $20??

The only reason I went local was if it needed returning but that's a big premium! What's their return policy?

Well done. No idea re returns but they're a big firm so shouldn't be too bad. I just needed the big discount at purchase. Was quoted a lot more local so went with the bang good option.

From Duty Calculator.com

Calculation results

• AU$0.00Import duty:
  • AU$171.00Sales tax:
  • AU$219.85Total import duty & taxes:
  • AU$1710.00Cost of product & import:
  • AU$1929.85Total landed costs:
  • Australian Dollar
Notes on duty & taxes rates
  • Drone Quadcopter is duty free and a has a GST rate of 10%, Wine Equalisation Tax rate is 0%, Luxury Car Tax rate is 0% .
Notes on import taxes due
Notes on compliance
  • Restrictions will apply for shipping this product with courier or postal companies [High probability]. Packaging and labelling requirements apply to Lithium batteries whether they are contained in the equipment or sent separately from the device. Please, contact your courier for more information. If the product has dual-use, anExport Control Classification Number (ECCN) is required [Some probability].

Mine is $1990 local with spare battery (Gerry Gibbs in Cannington). Probably worth the extra $60 to deal locally after all.

i order the phantom 2 v3 about a month ago from DJI direct and it cost around $1530 and I was not hit with any import duty.
Strictly speaking there is no import duty - but there is GST and other taxes.
DJI direct prices to Australia already include Australian taxes (and a bit more for shipping etc)
P3A = US$999 which equals A$1278
But DJI price to Australia = A$1550

I am going to email Banggood and ask them.

Edit: in the meantime, from their FAQ:

Any custom or import duties are charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel. Unfortunately, we have no control over these charges, and cannot tell you what the cost would be, as customs policies and import duties vary widely from country to country. We recommend that contact your local customs office for current charges before you order, so you are not surprised by charges you were not expecting.

Last edited:
Finally got a reply back. Look familiar?

Dear friend,

Thanks for your email.

Many countries do not charge import duties on private items below a certain stated value. However,you may find that you have to pay taxes when goods you’ve ordered from us arrive in your country.Electronic items are the most commonly taxed items, if you are ordering a phone or tablet we strongly recommend you check.

Banggood cannot give you advice or information about tax rates and customs charges in your country.
We advise you to find out about the local regulations prior to ordering from us. You can also request a low value declaration to help avoid any taxes.

Please note that ALL import taxes / duties are the buyer’s responsibility.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Regina

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31