ATTI mode doesn't seem to change speed like P2 V+

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this? ATTI mode doesn't give me any more speed like it did on the P2. I am in the multiple mode where I can enable it, just nothing happens except the drift. Any ideas?

Has anyone else noticed this? ATTI mode doesn't give me any more speed like it did on the P2. I am in the multiple mode where I can enable it, just nothing happens except the drift. Any ideas?
Noticed same thing other day doing speed runs but did hit 51.5 thougho_O Windy up top
IMG_1242.PNG

Haven't gotten enough time on the P3 to notice any differences but definitely knew about it on the P2. There was an even bigger difference between RTH speed and ATTI speed. Several times kept that in my back pocket incase i found myself out too far while RTH with low battery. Maybe they've just matched GPS, ATTI and RTH speeds better with the P3?

I have also noticed this. With the P2, the copter would pitch more, thus allowing more speed, but not maintaining altitude. With the P3, it does not appear to behave this way, but instead keeping the same pitch as GPS mode and maintaining altitude.

It would be nice to get more speed and agility in ATTI mode, like I used to with my P2.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I tried it and didn't notice more speed. Fastest I have got it going is 48 in 25+ wind..

Haven't gotten enough time on the P3 to notice any differences but definitely knew about it on the P2. There was an even bigger difference between RTH speed and ATTI speed. Several times kept that in my back pocket incase i found myself out too far while RTH with low battery. Maybe they've just matched GPS, ATTI and RTH speeds better with the P3?

Thanks for your comment. I've noticed that when you are in RTH mode, you can hold 'up' on your right stick and increase your horizontal speed back home. I used it big time in the video below to 2.6 miles away. Unfortunately, turning off RTH and putting the drone into ATTI mode doesn't increase the horizontal speed. I always considered the ATTI mode a way to get back in bad wind but it doesn't seem like that anymore. Does anyone from DJI want to comment? Should we be seeing more of a 'tilt' in ATTI mode like on the P2??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok, I have tried and I cannot post on DJI's forums. I'm not sure what else to do here. The p2 and Inspire 1 definitely tilt more when you put them into ATTI mode.

Any idea who I should contact about this? Would you all agree that this is a 'bug?' Should I just stop thinking about it?
Why would it be a bug. All ATTI is supposed to do is disable GPS, which it does. Comparing the pitch angles between 3 different birds seems silly. Just stop thinking about it and go fly.

Reactions: snowghost
Thanks for your comment. I've noticed that when you are in RTH mode, you can hold 'up' on your right stick and increase your horizontal speed back home. I used it big time in the video below to 2.6 miles away. Unfortunately, turning off RTH and putting the drone into ATTI mode doesn't increase the horizontal speed. I always considered the ATTI mode a way to get back in bad wind but it doesn't seem like that anymore. Does anyone from DJI want to comment? Should we be seeing more of a 'tilt' in ATTI mode like on the P2??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but was that an out and back--or just flying that distance. I did a flight of about that length, but the farthest out I got was 4070' and maybe 380' up. Got the low battery warning as well. I don't normally hit that threshold.

Edit: Actually looking at my flight logs, the longest flight was 19,250 in 16:41. Crazy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic