P4 Firmware Apple vs Android and DJi Go

Reaction score
A few years ago when in the market for a Smart phone I decided on the iPhone.. Main reason was because I knew I would be buying a drone and it would be a Dji.. I read so much how the Dji go app worked so much better on an iPhone then on an android I have been using an iPad with my Phantom 4 Pro and it has worked extremely well I recently got a deal on a Dji controller with the display My question is why would Dji put the Dji app on an android device when it worked so well on Apple Products I am trying to get the Gl 300e to work with the phantom 4 Pro When I link it the light turns green on the drone but it blinks green and red on the controller The camera is not working all other functions work My guess is the controller needs to be updated? Problem for me I do not own a lap top and my windows pc is to old to install Dji Assistant 2 or the other DJi apps. Help. Thanks The version on the controller is 1.1.1.1

I read so much how the Dji go app worked so much better on an iPhone then on an android
My question is why would Dji put the Dji app on an android device when it worked so well on Apple Products
Because the app works just as well on a good Android device.
Whatever you read was 100% myth.

A few years ago when in the market for a Smart phone I decided on the iPhone.. Main reason was because I knew I would be buying a drone and it would be a Dji.. I read so much how the Dji go app worked so much better on an iPhone then on an android I have been using an iPad with my Phantom 4 Pro and it has worked extremely well I recently got a deal on a Dji controller with the display My question is why would Dji put the Dji app on an android device when it worked so well on Apple Products I am trying to get the Gl 300e to work with the phantom 4 Pro When I link it the light turns green on the drone but it blinks green and red on the controller The camera is not working all other functions work My guess is the controller needs to be updated? Problem for me I do not own a lap top and my windows pc is to old to install Dji Assistant 2 or the other DJi apps. Help. Thanks The version on the controller is 1.1.1.1
In order to pair the controller, it needs to be in the same firmare as the drone. Maybe you have a relative or friend who can lend you his pc or mac? Once you update the controller, it should work like the other.

Thanks Ansia There are enough YouTube videos so I shouldn’t have much trouble upgrading it

Reactions: Ansia
FWIW - I have a GL300E that I use with my P4Pro (x2) and it's 100% stable, quick to power up, battery lasts well. The only annoying feature is that it sometimes powers up with no shutter sound. The brightness of the screen in daylight is very handy.

Reactions: Capt KO
I use both controllers with my P4 and Pro. Switched to my 300e a couple days ago and could not get them to finish linking. After a few frustrating minutes I recalibrated my drone and controller and it worked fine. You’ve probably already done it but thought I would mention it anyway.

I use both controllers with my P4 and Pro. Switched to my 300e a couple days ago and could not get them to finish linking. After a few frustrating minutes I recalibrated my drone and controller and it worked fine. You’ve probably already done it but thought I would mention it anyway.
I use iPads with my standard controllers, Mostly litchi. And use Go on the android 300E

Thanks for the replies 1st off I will download the latest updates for the controller on a scan disk and then insert Hopefully I should be fine I will have to buy a newer PC or lap top if I want to run Dji Assistance 2 and the other Apps

An hour ago I had a new scan disk thumb drive I downloaded the updated firmware to the thumb drive. I made sure nothing was on the drive but the download I inserted it in the controller and turned it on. I went to system settings,update,local. It did nothing but tell me it could not find the upgrade. I will try another thumb drive in a day or two ???

FWIW - I have a GL300E that I use with my P4Pro (x2) and it's 100% stable, quick to power up, battery lasts well. The only annoying feature is that it sometimes powers up with no shutter sound. The brightness of the screen in daylight is very handy.
Hi So you are using the GL300E with a Phantom 4 Pro with no problems correct. I am having a time getting the GL 300 E linked to my Phantom 4 Pro. I will keep trying but I may just go back to the regular controller with my iPad. Thanks

Ok Thanks I called DJI and the 1st person I talked to I could hardly hear and understand him The way he talked the GL300E will not work with s phantom 4 pro. I hung up on him and redialed and got another person who was very more helpful. At least I was able to install the latest firmware for the controller. Could you tell me what version is on your controller and hat version is on the P4P is the light on your controller a steady green Mine is blinking red and green Thanks

My controller just says 'GL300E' on the back. It's solid red when powered up without a P4Pro around and then solid green once the P4Pro has started.
My versions are:
Kernal Version 3.10.0
System Version 01.03.06.00

I have to do this to move the controller between my two P4Pro -

Last update Controller has issues send it back to them for repair

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj