Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter disappointment

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I bought Apple's HDMI/Lightning dongle to try with my iPhone 7 Plus. I had faint hope that I could connect my P4P RC to the iPhone via this dongle while simultaneously using its HDMI output for DJI's Goggles. No joy. DJI Go says "disconnected". It's not seeing the RC through the adapter's Lightning connector, which must be solely for charging. (this article confirms that the Lightning port on the adapter is solely for charging, as does this post.)

Hmm. Maybe an Apple TV can be "portablized"?? :rolleyes: Here's a $25 adapter that appears to make an Apple TV 3 capable of being powered by a USB battery pack.

I realize that DJI's $100 HDMI adapter obviates the need for such a workaround. I was just curious if there are alternatives so I can use Litchi with DJI's Goggles.

FYI.

I think that Apple HDMI dongle is an input only to the iPad and not an output to an external device.

I got one and didn't have any luck with it as an output so I ended up buying the DJI HDMI output module. Aside from it occasionally getting hot and eating into the iPad's screen GPU and breaking it up.

I think that Apple HDMI dongle is an input only to the iPad and not an output to an external device.

I got one and didn't have any luck with it as an output so I ended up buying the DJI HDMI output module. Aside from it occasionally getting hot and eating into the iPad's screen GPU and breaking it up.

Thanks for replying. That's a less than stellar endorsement of the HDMI adapter (and echos other posts I've read). Thus my curiosity about alternatives. One alt I intend to investigate is buying a tablet with HDMI output. One writer said that for the slight delta in cost the results are worth it. An initial peek into that topic suggests that the NVIDIA Shield is a solution, but they don't seem to be sold new anymore. Am hoping there's a list of DJI GO-compatible tablets that support GSM/Glonass AND have HDMI outputs! That seems to be the ideal mix.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl