Anyone thinking about using the new P2 motors on their FC40?

Re: Anyone thinking about using the new P2 motors on their F

I'm pleasantly surprised to see this thread come back to life.

New bigger motors would really make my day. :D
I think there are enough LEDs out there which could replace the existing under-arm orientation lights.

So, E300 Mark II ESC's and 2312 motors will work well together?

Just out of curiosity, why would the existing LEDs have to go?

Thanks

IflyinWY said:
I'm pleasantly surprised to see this thread come back to life.

New bigger motors would really make my day. :D
I think there are enough LEDs out there which could replace the existing under-arm orientation lights.

So, E300 Mark II ESC's and 2312 motors will work well together?

Just out of curiosity, why would the existing LEDs have to go?

Thanks
The LEDs are soldered to the bottom of the Phantom ESC's. The E300 ESC's do not have LED's attached.

Thanks Syotr, I had never noticed that. ;)

Great find Woody. :D
So now we're up to 2214 motors. I wonder how much better they are than the 2213.

I have ordered a set of Phantom 2 Cables. I'll try to hardwire the proprietary connectors going in the v2 ESC, directly to the NAZA flight controller.

Many have said that it should work. One of the wires coming from that connector is for LED control. I'll see if I can get that to work as well.
*Fingers crossed*

You can use these upgrade motors without having to change the esc. They're expensive. http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Motor-Antigra ... 2594968a9f

Them T motors are great motors but not to much more powerful then the stock dji 2212s But not even close to the same power as the new 2213s I have a p2 with t motors and a new one with the dji 2213s and the 2213s stomp the t motors on thrust. The prop wash wind even when standing 20 feet under it is ridiculously more wind then even the t motors

So now we're up to 2214 motors. I wonder how much better they are than the 2213.

The numbers dont correlate to power so much as they do the innards of the motors. The first part 22 is for 22mm diameter of the stator inside and the second part has some thing to do with either the number of poles or the number of magnets it the bell housing.. so you could still have two brands of motors that are the same physical size and even the same amount of poles and magnets in them But still have a different kV factor. depending on the size of the wire and the number to turns in the coils.
but the DJI have a higher kv rating then the 2214 T motors which have the same kv as the old 2212 dji motors

The kv rating if i'm understanding KV correctly when it comes to a brushless motors has some thing to do with how many rpms it can spin per volt of power input. Tho if I'm wrong I'm sure some one will chim in to say NO THATS WRONG. lol

Woody said:
You can use these upgrade motors without having to change the esc. They're expensive. http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Motor-Antigra ... 2594968a9f

Hey Woody,
The link doesn't work anymore.
Would you mind finding a new link to the motor which can be used with our existing ESCs?

I would like to update my OP to contain the motor information.

Thanks

I just successfully flight tested the DJI 2312 motors (paired with v2.1 ESCs) on my FC40 with 9443 Props.
I had 9450 props with me, but since I was expecting the fc40 to crash, I didn't mount them on!

I would say, these motors seemed relatively silent to the older ones and ran cooler too!
I just hovered it around the roof of my house as it was quite windy.
Some points :
* Phantom had to fight the winds throughout its hover.
* Time to Red LED warning - ~12 Minutes with stock DJI 2200mah LiPO
* Payload was the FC40 Camera only.
-------------------------
Had lost the phantom's ESC LED functionality as the Phantom2 board controlled the LEDs on the v2 and 2.1ESCs.

A friend helped code up a IC which emulated the duty cycle for the front arm ESCs. So now, my front arm ESCs are lit up! :D
I'm still working on the rear arm ESC LEDs and trying to emulate the LED patterns of the main naza LED. As on Phantom 2s.

I will be upgrading the mainboard via the upgrade kit, in order to mount the H3-3D Gimbal and FPV equipment. That weight was the primary reason I upgraded the motors.

Am looking forward to the 4000 or 5200mah batteries to extend the time with all this payload attached! :)
---------------------------------------------------

Here are some pictures after I had installed the upgrade, closed it up and was testing the motors on my table.
IR images showed motors maintaining a steady temperature while running (no props)

I was surprised to find that even the compass was getting hot as shown in the IR images!

Post 12 min flight, motors had the same temperature of 36degree C.

Attachments

• img_thermal_1434858731788.jpg
    img_thermal_1434858731788.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 507
  • img_thermal_1434858760429.jpg
    img_thermal_1434858760429.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 443
  • img_thermal_1434858825955.jpg
    img_thermal_1434858825955.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 446
  • img_thermal_1434858892450.jpg
    img_thermal_1434858892450.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 374
  • img_thermal_1434858885755.jpg
    img_thermal_1434858885755.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Reactions: IflyinWY

I'm taking bribes :D

This is interesting... Anyone seen Geert lately? I know I wasn't talking to myself...
Hey Dirk, have you been pissing in someone's Cheerios again? :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Has anyone made headway on this issue? I'm trying to accomplish the same objective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav