Anyone here ever built a Phanvic?

IMG_20171123_132538 (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171122_133317.jpg
    IMG_20171122_133317.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 290
Phavic 90 percent done. All motors work. Test flight tomorrow. Jonnie I see what you said about the GPS hitting the imu. I'll try a heat gun and tighten the screws.

Reactions: liljohnnie69
It's alive.....I've done several test hovers. In the yard. All seems to be working fine. Going this weekend for some distance runs.
IMG_20190401_161352244.jpg

Reactions: brigerdrones
A couple flights today with the phavic. Max distance 1100 ft, altitude 200, max speed 34mph, with no signal loss. Landed with 53 percent battery because of 130 degree temp. I'm in Florida. Air temp at start was 80 degrees. All is well flights were uneventful. Happy with the build. I might cut some extra holes for cooling but all is good.

I finally got this d@# thing finished. The camera is fixed and only points to the right about 4 or 5 degrees, I'm done f!@#ing with it. Did a test hover in 45mph winds (don't do that by the way) and it did as well as could be expected (I didn't crash it) and I'll try to post first flight results when this wind lays down.

Attachments

• 15557168068599109303517730921228.jpg
    15557168068599109303517730921228.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 387
Have you drilled any extra holes for cooling? I saw in another thread (and as I suspected earlier in this thread) that this mod does overheat due to lack of cooling during flight. I don't know how much of an issue this would be with P3S guts but I definitely wouldn't trust the P3P gimbal to stay cool inside that shell. See this thread: Modified phanvic kit...
I did the drilling of lots of holes to make it lighter, more cooling and to make it faster as it carries less wait. Now weights

I did the drilling of lots of holes to make it lighter, more cooling and to make it faster as it carries less wait. Now weights 1245g including a shark tail that I put on top and modded navigation lights. My Phanvic modded build
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck to you mate. I am shelving my project, maybe indefinitely because of camera problems. I have come to the conclusion that the p3s camera is unfixable once it has screwed up on you. I absolutely will not spend any more money on this p3s when I have a p4 that is in perfect shape and in my opinion superior to it. Maybe I'll change my mind after I cool off but until then all things p3s are verboten in my house.
What did you Figure out was Wrong with Your Camera?? I crashed my P3s 2 yrs ago and Ripped the Camera Off it, bent a Gimble arm, ripped wires apart... New Drone Body, Gimbal arm and Cable set... lucked out, everything worked....
Took off Last Month and Camera Snagged on the Protector Plate for the Camera, until I could Land.... and Now the Live Feed shuts off after Flying for One Battery... Flew it Yesterday to Film flooding in town, 1st flight was fine... tried 2 nd battery.... NO VIDEO FEED TO PHONE..... But CAMERA IS TAKING VIDEO AND STILLS ..... Still..... You Just Can't See the Video to Point the Gimble....

What did you Figure out was Wrong with Your Camera?? I crashed my P3s 2 yrs ago and Ripped the Camera Off it, bent a Gimble arm, ripped wires apart... New Drone Body, Gimbal arm and Cable set... lucked out, everything worked....
Took off Last Month and Camera Snagged on the Protector Plate for the Camera, until I could Land.... and Now the Live Feed shuts off after Flying for One Battery... Flew it Yesterday to Film flooding in town, 1st flight was fine... tried 2 nd battery.... NO VIDEO FEED TO PHONE..... But CAMERA IS TAKING VIDEO AND STILLS ..... Still..... You Just Can't See the Video to Point the Gimble....
I believe had the same issue with mine. What I did is reinstalled the firmware.

That's swiss cheese indeed! Very good to see it progressing.

That's swiss cheese indeed! Very good to see it progressing.
?Swiss cheese is doing just fine, I took it yesterday for full throttle to see how it behave, faster and lighter ?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is the conversion kit not available anymore? not able to find it anywhere atm. This is awesome! :)

Is really hard to see kits available on eBay anymore. I bought 7 kits, two for myself and the rest to sell which I had sold only one. I will be placing the kits on eBay since is hard to sell a Phanvic already assembled. People don't want to pay more than $300 for the drone. So I will be selling all separate, gimbals, R/C, esc, motors etc. look for brigerdrones on ebay and watch my videos on YouTube. I love the hobby and getting my hands on modding them. Have a prosperous new 2020. From Santa Clara, California.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.