Anyone from Hungary

Reaction score
I am going to visit Budapest this summer and thought about bringing my Phantom, as I know there is some pretty amazing scenery there. The Danube, the castle, the Citadel, the old buildings, the bridges...

But as much as I tried to find the national drone rules, I cannot find anything except some references to standard common European rules (no higher than 120 meters, no further than 500 meters, always within visibility, no closer than 50 meters from people and buildings, not near airports, not inside control zones, etc).

And also there are some newspaper articles about some ******* tourist crashing his drone into the windshield of a moving car.

Anybody with experience with flying drones in Hungary (and particularly Budapest) who can shed some light on this?

Mandatory insurance? Registration with the authorities? Flying permit? Anything?

In Hungary the rules are **** struct and sometimes confusing. Regulation from this year: you need to have insurance, no need to report the flight to the authorities, BUT you need to request airspace. That is, 30 days in advance (stupid, but true). From July, there will be an app available (hopefully, since the new regulation requests it), where you can request airspace (no word yet about how many days/hours forward, or the costs). Also, don't fly in cities, above people and structures, close to airports, etc.

In Hungary the rules are **** struct and sometimes confusing. Regulation from this year: you need to have insurance, no need to report the flight to the authorities, BUT you need to request airspace. That is, 30 days in advance (stupid, but true). From July, there will be an app available (hopefully, since the new regulation requests it), where you can request airspace (no word yet about how many days/hours forward, or the costs). Also, don't fly in cities, above people and structures, close to airports, etc.

Thank you for the info!

Yeah, I was afraid of that... legal drone flying for amateurs in Budapest is in other words impossible.

I do have some experience with requesting airspace blocking, usually for things like flying competitions or skydiving - from the admin point of view it's not for the faint of heart, you need to spend weeks for personal visits to authorities who will then ask for the single piece of document you do not have.

I think I'll leave my Phantom at home.

Well, not that bad, requesting airspace is filling a form, sending it in e-mail, paying online, but the have 30 days... what if it rains that day?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers