Anyone else order the Mavic Pro 2?

Reaction score
Got the zome one coming. Don't really need it, but a new toy is all ways fun. I don't know if I will be happy, or what if they releases the P5. The P4P is still my go to drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: loonie01
I ordered a Pro from the DJI Store this morning. It shipped today too.

I ordered a Pro from the DJI Store this morning. It shipped today too.
Which one? I like to explore, that is why I got the zoom. My thinking was I didn't have to get as close to the object, and risk the drone, but now I can take more chances with the old Mavic Pro I have.
Will definitely but insurance on the new one. Well worth the $40 a year.

I think I will wait. My P4A is providing good results and will wait to see how good the Hasselblad is. I prefer heavier aircraft. Mavics size is a plus though in some situations.

Just got a shipping notice. That was fast for them.

Had a go with a pro version yesterday...extremely quiet in flight you can't hear it once above about 80ft and handles beautifully super stable built like a tank ..I'm impressed.

Which one? I like to explore, that is why I got the zoom. My thinking was I didn't have to get as close to the object, and risk the drone, but now I can take more chances with the old Mavic Pro I have.
Will definitely but insurance on the new one. Well worth the $40 a year.
Mine coming today (pro)

Hey y'all, I just lost a P3P in the ocean, so looking at the Mavic.

Anybody getting an M2 (Pro or Zoom) with the Smart Controller? I'm thinking of getting the M2P with SC bundle.

But man is it pricey. The trouble is, the standard controller doesn't take anything over 160mm, so that rules out my iPad Air. I prefer not to use my smart phone for flight and if I have to get another controller screen, the SC is a possibility.

Yes, it's another $400 for the bundle (which is cheaper than the SC separately).

Thoughts?

Chris

Got the zome one coming. Don't really need it, but a new toy is all ways fun. I don't know if I will be happy, or what if they releases the P5. The P4P is still my go to drone.

We fell hard for the Mavic 2 Zoom :

Loved it so much we made the Wet Suit for it so it could keep up with the Phantom 4 in the Storms

Was really into video until we played with the Super Size Picture on the Mavic 2 and everything changed, the Mavic 2 stitches it all together for you, its truly awesome.

Your going to be happy.
Phantomrain.org
Gear for flying in and out of the Storm.

I got a heads up from my DJI dealer yesterday that he has sourced one last new in the box P4P V2.0, the first one he's has since Feb and one of only three showing up to him anywhere period, obviously that doesn't include inventory still held by retailers but there's no denying they are becoming harder to find new.

I had stopped flying my one P4P recreationally or for YouTube content generation a few months ago simply because replacement is becoming an issue as far as a new bird goes and second hand the P4P V2.0 are bringing crazy money. If I lose an Air or a Mavic 2 or even an Inspire it's only money that is the issue not availability. Of them all only the P4P has the hardware shutter I need for photogrammetry / Mapping. Needless to say I put my name on the one my dealer told me about. (He knows a sucker when he sees one lol).

I'm not entering into the argument of which is the better airframe, I own them all so it's not a case of Fanboiism but it can't be argued that while properly flown and with the images correctly post processed I can do most everything my other aircraft can do with the Phantom, but because of the camera payload none of the others can replace the Phantom in certain situations.

I'm happy as when it arrives on Tuesday I'll be able to use my first Phantom more for non work related stuff knowing I have a backup if needed. I've been using the M2Z mostly of late and enjoying it but it'll be nice to have my options open again.

Regards
Ari

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20