Anybody make a shelf or stand for phantom??

Reaction score
Want to make a shelf for mine to keep it out of my little 2 year olds hands [emoji2]. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: riverphantom3
I picked up this round piece of wood today. Thinking I will router slots for the phantom,controller and batteries.

4b75bfe65590521b1e8220047b0dd85a.jpg

Want to make a shelf for mine to keep it out of my little 2 year olds hands [emoji2]. Any ideas?

Stu,

I built a cheapy shelf unit for mine. I can pick the whole thing up, put it in the back of my C-Max, plug in the one (shelf attached) power strip/USB charger, get in my car and charge everything all day long! Stop wherever I choose, open my hatchback, pull out a bird and fly. When I'm done and I get to where I'm going, unplug the single plug, pick it up, bring it inside and plug (the one plug) into the wall and I'm back in business! May not look real pretty but it works great.

Jerry

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Stu,

I built a cheapy shelf unit for mine. I can pick the whole thing up, put it in the back of my C-Max, plug in the one (shelf attached) power strip/USB charger, get in my car and charge everything all day long! Stop wherever I choose, open my hatchback, pull out a bird and fly. When I'm done and I get to where I'm going, unplug the single plug, pick it up, bring it inside and plug (the one plug) into the wall and I'm back in business! May not look real pretty but it works great.

Jerry

View attachment 47348 View attachment 47349
Pretty clever I like that!!!

I do have a case already. I want to build a shelf where I can place everything on there and plug in my 3 battery's and remote at once. Thanks for the ideas though !!

Pretty clever I like that!!!

I can tell there was some skitzing going on one night when the kids were in bed, you were like " I know what I'm ganna do! " I love it!
I must admit, more then half the fun is reading the forum, checking for new mods, creating flight plans in my head and overall just thinking of new ways to accessorize. Great photo, now I'm off to Home Depot to buy some shelving and a new jig saw blade to start building mine[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]lol

Reactions: stulpin300m and NRJ
I can tell there was some skitzing going on one night when the kids were in bed, you were like " I know what I'm ganna do! " I love it!
I must admit, more then half the fun is reading the forum, checking for new mods, creating flight plans in my head and overall just thinking of new ways to accessorize. Great photo, now I'm off to Home Depot to buy some shelving and a new jig saw blade to start building mine[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]lol

a9f630ad57cc583f1774703793218ea2.jpg
3b508e5b1a5f7a524bc31a06a361ce1c.jpg
73b2386d29ed583939cca6b2ea8216be.jpg
f3794689fe7a766ae8ceb72169d98e4b.jpg
8613f29f67c642fe65299230fd502ac6.jpg

Reactions: Jtrjr

Lol have to do something while it's raining!!!

What did u build? Pics !

Stu,

Jerry

View attachment 47348 View attachment 47349

AWESOME!!

Great idea for the shelf in the back of the car. Didn't see anyway to hold stuff down while in transit. I'd add a strap to help hold stuff down in case of hard braking etc.

Last edited:
I'd add a strap to help hold stuff down in case of hard braking etc.

Stinch,

The birds are in holes that form to the body and battery of each bird with a little pad under each motor pod. On the P2 I left the snap-on prop guard hubs (I don't use the guards) and the P3 has the strong-arm plates for added support after all of the cracking issues were discovered. The birds don't move at all.

You can't really see it in the photos but the controllers have a bumper that they sit on so the little steel controller leg catches it. They don't move either. If I really had to do some defensive driving they might move around a bit but I can drive normally without worrying about anything moving around.

The best part if it is that the C-Max (gas & electric) can be left on all day. The gas engine won't turn on until the hybrid battery needs to charge. So it's as if it's off until it needs to top off. While everything is charging it'll come on for maybe 5 minutes or so every few hours.

I'm looking at shelf 2.0 now as I want to be able to do something similar with 2-P3P's and 1-3dr Solo. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet.

Jerry

Reactions: Stinch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart