Any electronic buffs out there? Final call for help before I quit- VIDEO

Ari

Reaction score
Hi all,

I made another video disassembling the drone. It is my final cry for help before I scrap this to others for parts...

It seems the gimbal cable would not even fit even if I could get a new cable (which I can't until July). My guess that while manufacturing this, an 8 ribbon cable is put through the hole and then after the ends are soldered on.

Can anyone with any experience in building electronics confirm this? If I buy an 8 ribbon cable from this site, (I plead ignorance on the topic, I chose this based on an educated guess)
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/AWG28-08/G-1/300-R/AE08A-10-ND/2391673
can I just solder the cable ends into the plastic clips?

Please advise

Thanks

I can only say, try the p2 forums on the soldering part, as they had more cable problems.. You should find an answer I hope.
Good luck sir

I can only say, try the p2 forums on the soldering part, as they had more cable problems.. You should find an answer I hope.
Good luck sir

The design had completely changed on the P3. This would be no issue on the P2

Ari, buddy, you're way overthinking this thing.
JUST MAKE THE HOLE BIGGER........
The hole is under the gimbal mount so it's out of sight.

Last edited:
Just solder the wires back together. If the cable is too short, you might have to solder in some jumpers. You can fix this Bro!

Ari, buddy, you're way overthinking this thing.
JUST MAKE THE HOLE BIGGER........

If I had the cable in hand I would agree with you, but since I do not have the cable, nor can I get the cable, I am forced to make it. This brings up my cry for help with the soldering. I will reuse the old mounts, just pull the damaged wires out and shove the new ones in. I just don't know how go get the tiny ends to fit into the plastic clips. I am sure there are proper terms for this I just know next to nothing about this....

edit
I believe they are forced into the plastic end. Have some type of micro catch.
On second thought, adding a splice in the middle is the only way to go.

Reactions: Toolguy
On the original cables can you notice any shielding around the wires? That would be the only possible concern with the digi key item, it says its non shielded....try to confirm if the original is shielded or not and match that.

Reactions: Ari
Also with cables like this the wire is usually soldered to the pin connectors and then push into the plastic connector, and usually you can "pull pins" from the connector.

Ari, I think you need Phantom 3 Part 42 Cable set DJIPH3P42
It IS in stock at mantids hobby something.
Phone # 888.83.hobby
I just called to confirm, they have it in stock $14
Thank me later.

edit
I believe they are forced into the plastic end. Have some type of micro catch.
On second thought, adding a splice in the middle is the only way to go.
I agree.
Ari, I think you need Phantom 3 Part 42 Cable set DJIPH3P42
It IS in stock at mantids hobby something.
Phone # 888.83.hobby
I just called to confirm, they have it in stock $14
Thank me later.
Good job Tim !

You guys are the greatest! I called them yesterday and they said July!

make sure and call them. Ask if the gimbal cable is in there. Dont know why they list a part 49 that says gimbal cable but they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues