Antenna upgrade

Reaction score
Hello.. I have tried a few antennas, such as the DBS Standard Kit and 8dbi OMNI aerial RP-SMA male connector Arduino 2.4GHz/5.8Ghz dual band antenna I am very unhappy with all the antennas I have tried, I live in the mountains, trees cause a lot of interference between me and my bird so I can only go so far out, less then half a mile. I would like to be able to go at least a mile in a perfect environment. I am looking at this antenna 5.8ghz Antenne RP SMA male Connector 5.8G 2.4Ghz 18dbi Omni dual-band Antenna but its pattern is vertical. Any antenna suggestions, I only want Omni directional, not high gain antennas. Has anyone got a good Omni directional antenna?

I've heard great things about FPVLR kits

Reactions: dirtybum
Well, any more powerful antenna will most likely be directional. What is your reason for not getting a directional setup?

You may need to Frankenstein a setup using marine quality omni antennas.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, any more powerful antenna will most likely be directional. What is your reason for not getting a directional setup?
I don't like having to focus on point the antenna directly at the drone, I rather focus on not crashing the drone and getting usable footage.

You're going to have to point your antennas using a standard anyway the standard uses Wi-Fi it's just not as seamless as the light bridge. But in my opinion FPVLR antennas are some of the best money can buy, not to mention stellar customer service

You're going to have to point your antennas using a standard anyway the standard uses Wi-Fi it's just not as seamless as the light bridge. But in my opinion FPVLR antennas are some of the best money can buy, not to mention stellar customer service
But how far out can I go?

I noticed that the 2.4G antennas that are mounted inside (and the ones that mount ouside in the kits) are all flat directional antenna.
What would happen if you used a booster and an omni antenna mounted outside the case for the 2.4G? (WiFi)

Just a question. I thought about this before but went ahead and installed the ARGtek on mine.

The way the ARGtek is set up it really gives you the chance to remove the antenna(s) and start messing with different combinations to see what kind of signal you can get. You can purchase different antennas and just screw them onto the mounting bar.

Whatta ya think?

Curious though, does it help with video signals as well? My setup seems to drop video signal all the time. I could be less than 150ft up and less than 200ft from the bird and video drops. So would these antennas help with video signals or should I be looking at something else like a phone upgrade or something? I have an ZTE Imperial for a phone. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.