Another video and Dji interview from NAB

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not trying to be a douche but where does DJI find these people to speak about their products? It seems like that are trying really hard to remember things about their own product and they are hardly polished speakers.

I'm not trying to be a douche but where does DJI find these people to speak about their products? It seems like that are trying really hard to remember things about their own product and they are hardly polished speakers.
Thanks douche, that was the first video I made. Kidding I thought the same.

Reactions: rtg

Your 100% correct, They need Colin back, he was one of the guys but also new what he was selling and explained it very well

Maybe its because its his second language. To explain the product, he is constantly translating and trying to remember the English words...

Reactions: Cyclone
I actually prefer someone real who knows their stuff than some smarmy Troy McClure type actor or salesman. The phantom sells itself.
Although Colin was very easy to relate to and very hard to replace.

Reactions: bobomet
Maybe its because its his second language. To explain the product, he is constantly translating and trying to remember the English words...

I doubt it. If he were from China he's not have an American accent. My complaint is that he was not _selling_ the product, he was just reading off its specs. Anyone can get that from a website. His job should have been to get people excited.

I'll give an example of how that is done:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The phantom sells itself.

I beg to differ. The Q500, the Solo, etc. There are a lot of drones coming to market. When a company has as much competition as drone makers do, every little thing helps.

Jim Bowers has a somewhat better interview with Randy Braun. While Randy did not have much information, he had a little (P2 battery won't physically fit into the P3, if you fly your Phantom correctly it won't crash (??), etc.). Jim had some _great_ questions but only a very few had answers.

As soon as I see Jim Bowers in a video it gets turned off in seconds, I just can't stand him but that's besides the point. The p3 does sell itself with its specs and pricing, I really like the solo but not being a gopro owner it costs a lot more, has a third of the range and can't take pics in raw plus dji has such a huge slice of the market that they will always have the jump on their compeditors. It would take someone like apple or Richard Branson to step into the market with a new company or buy an existing company to worry dji. Although Richard Branson does have ties to 3dr and I wouldn't be surprised if he is backing them.

Reactions: AmosMoses
The p3 does sell itself with its specs and pricing, I really like the solo but not being a gopro owner it costs a lot more, has a third of the range and can't take pics in raw plus dji has such a huge slice of the market that they will always have the jump on their compeditors. It would take someone like apple or Richard Branson to step into the market with a new company or buy an existing company to worry dji. Although Richard Branson does have ties to 3dr and I wouldn't be surprised if he is backing them.

Give me about 10 seconds and I'll name you 20 companies who built tech that were on the top of their market and are no longer relevant. Trust me... no tech company can rely on their products to sell themselves. Want to know what good marketing gets you.... Apple is the perfect example. What does bad marketing get you... Blackberry and Palm.

all I'm saying is at the moment in the consumer range for price and spec dji are 1 step in front of their compeditors. Dji are by no means safe, no company is including apple

I do agree. Colin makes it very interesting with his funny jokes such as "DJI released a new aircraft? Is it the same as the P2?" and other funny things.

Now that hes the face of their biggest competitor, I would bet DJI would give anything to have a do-over.

As soon as I see Jim Bowers in a video it gets turned off in seconds, I just can't stand him but that's besides the point. The p3 does sell itself with its specs and pricing, I really like the solo but not being a gopro owner it costs a lot more, has a third of the range and can't take pics in raw plus dji has such a huge slice of the market that they will always have the jump on their compeditors. It would take someone like apple or Richard Branson to step into the market with a new company or buy an existing company to worry dji. Although Richard Branson does have ties to 3dr and I wouldn't be surprised if he is backing them.

Richard Barnsom did invest in 3DR. There is a 3DR drone video where the good folks visited Bransom's private island.

Yeah he was at show with Colin a good while back, it was obvious the way he was speaking that he was involved then. No better person to have on board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31